Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hi from Doha!

23 Dec 2010 10:09AM
I actually joined a while ago, but haven't been active since I joined. I plan on changing that, and I thought maybe I should introduce myself! I live in Qatar, and have been taking pictures for a while, with film initially, and after a long break bought a DSLR two years ago. I now have a Pentax K7 and various lenses, and am always looking to improve my photgraphy. I am a member of the Pentax User Forum which is a great forum though obviously restricted to users of Pentax gear only.

My main interests are landscape, urban and aerial photography. I recently bought a flash and have been experimenting with that, the first picture I have posted is actually the first portrait I have been happy with. I look forward to meeting you all in the various forums!

Rgds,
Jon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

devlin 5 652 39 India
23 Dec 2010 10:51AM
welcome back Smile
wicksy 9 79 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 4:34PM
Welcome Jon, don't know why you have waited so long to post - you have spokme great work on your web site, look forward to seeing more of it here.
Chris
JackAllTog Plus
6 4.1k 58 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 4:47PM
Welcome Jon. Sound like you have lots to share - i'm looking forward to it.
Cheers
Stuart
23 Dec 2010 9:33PM
Thanks for the welcome...I look forward to being more active on here; initially I found the website a bit daunting as there is so much on here, and so many really good photographers. However, it's good to be back, and I look forward to spending more time on here and seeing lots of great photographs in the gallery!
brian1208 Plus
12 10.8k 12 United Kingdom
24 Dec 2010 7:50AM
Welcome Jon, it must have changed a fair bit since I was there. I worked on the rebuilding of the LPG storeage facility at Umm Said in the late '70s and was based in Doha during that time. It was still being developed as a major city at that point.

Lots of interesting opportunities for photography where you are
24 Dec 2010 9:46AM
Yes there's a lot of development going on, which is only going to increase since they were awarded the World Cup in 2022! They are evn building a metro, a good thing, as the traffic here is horrendous!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.