Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Hi from Doha!

23 Dec 2010 10:09AM
I actually joined a while ago, but haven't been active since I joined. I plan on changing that, and I thought maybe I should introduce myself! I live in Qatar, and have been taking pictures for a while, with film initially, and after a long break bought a DSLR two years ago. I now have a Pentax K7 and various lenses, and am always looking to improve my photgraphy. I am a member of the Pentax User Forum which is a great forum though obviously restricted to users of Pentax gear only.

My main interests are landscape, urban and aerial photography. I recently bought a flash and have been experimenting with that, the first picture I have posted is actually the first portrait I have been happy with. I look forward to meeting you all in the various forums!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

devlin 5 652 39 India
23 Dec 2010 10:51AM
welcome back Smile
wicksy 9 79 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 4:34PM
Welcome Jon, don't know why you have waited so long to post - you have spokme great work on your web site, look forward to seeing more of it here.
JackAllTog Plus
6 4.2k 58 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2010 4:47PM
Welcome Jon. Sound like you have lots to share - i'm looking forward to it.
23 Dec 2010 9:33PM
Thanks for the welcome...I look forward to being more active on here; initially I found the website a bit daunting as there is so much on here, and so many really good photographers. However, it's good to be back, and I look forward to spending more time on here and seeing lots of great photographs in the gallery!
brian1208 Plus
12 10.9k 12 United Kingdom
24 Dec 2010 7:50AM
Welcome Jon, it must have changed a fair bit since I was there. I worked on the rebuilding of the LPG storeage facility at Umm Said in the late '70s and was based in Doha during that time. It was still being developed as a major city at that point.

Lots of interesting opportunities for photography where you are
24 Dec 2010 9:46AM
Yes there's a lot of development going on, which is only going to increase since they were awarded the World Cup in 2022! They are evn building a metro, a good thing, as the traffic here is horrendous!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.