Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Highest rated images on ePz

Ross_D 7 841 1 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2017 3:16PM
Many years ago on ePz there was a method of viewing the stats for posted images i.e the images with highest number of votes per category. If I remember correctly, the highest voted image (at the time) was an image of the Golden Gate bridge, San Francisco, (posted by a memebr in the US). Is there still a way of viewing these stats ? Had a look in various sections of ePz but can't seem to find anything. Just interested.
cats_123 Plus
17 5.1k 30 Northern Ireland
7 Jan 2017 4:13PM
Photos,gallery,filter,options,apply. (I think) 😀
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
7 Jan 2017 4:19PM

Quote:Photos,gallery,filter,options,apply. (I think) 😀

That will show all images in the selected genre, no rankings.

As far as I remember (I may be corrected by someone who knows better) but this was one of several seldom used features that have disappeared in the course of updating the site in recent years.
Ross_D 7 841 1 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2017 5:55PM
Thanks cats_123 and saltire.

Quote:one of several seldom used features that have disappeared in the course of updating the site in recent years.

That's a shame... I always found it quite interesting. Several other online photo sites have a facility where the highest rated/voted for image stats are shown.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
7 Jan 2017 6:02PM
It was all a load of meaningless nonsense anyway - with informal voting "clubs", i.e. vote for my photos and I'll vote for yours! hmm-light.jpg
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
7 Jan 2017 6:05PM
And lots of people, like myself, have turned off voting so they wouldn't be counted anyway.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
7 Jan 2017 6:25PM
Ditto.
JackAllTog Plus
12 6.3k 58 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2017 7:06PM
I Like the Awarded photo's gallery as it shoes what people are doing right now that seems to work well.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
7 Jan 2017 7:18PM
I can do shoes! Smile
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
7 Jan 2017 8:13PM

Quote:It was all a load of meaningless nonsense anyway - with informal voting "clubs",

I've always preferred formal.

Quote:And lots of people, like myself, have turned off voting so they wouldn't be counted anyway.

Well, I won't be voting for your photos then.Wink

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
7 Jan 2017 8:37PM

Quote:
Quote:It was all a load of meaningless nonsense anyway - with informal voting "clubs",

I've always preferred formal.

Quote:And lots of people, like myself, have turned off voting so they wouldn't be counted anyway.

Well, I won't be voting for your photos then.Wink

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
7 Jan 2017 8:38PM
Saved yourself a bit of time and bother then. Smile
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
7 Jan 2017 8:49PM
I remember that gallery (in fact I think I had one or two in it) but actually the numbers involved in 'Most Voted' and 'Most Viewed' went way beyond the tit for tat click for click clubs.

Some of the figures got skewed though as the most viewed image was (and probably still is ) the very first Raw Challenge that Boyd and I ran, which was done via the gallery.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
7 Jan 2017 8:54PM
I suspect the most viewed image is probably one of a nude woman, no matter who took it.
Anyway, not one of mine. Grin
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
7 Jan 2017 9:01PM
Nope, the most viewed was a landscape (a not fantastic one as it happened) that we used for the first Raw Challenge which had over 10,000 views (madness) and the most viewed 'real' one was, I think, Max, the EPZ cover Labrador.

Answersonapostcard had the most voted or viewed people shot which was an attractive though not naked woman.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.