Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Hold Suitcase

suejoh Plus
13 249 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2017 10:05AM
I have to replace my old suitcase as the wheel broke. Any recommendations for a good medium to large suitcase. I sometimes put some photo kit in it - particularly on the way home. Not cameras or expensive lenses but other stuff.
Hopefully paying under 200 but we have looked at a peli which is about 320. It just seems an overkill.

Every time I find a good robust suitcase I read the 1 star reviews and there are tales of dents, broken zips etc.

Help please - my mind is going round in circles

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Willpower 6 450 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2017 10:26AM
I've got a hard shell Samsonite which has been travelling the world with me for over 10 years and has never failed me. Not sure on the soft shelled versions, purely because I have never had to investigate a replacement.

Ray12 Plus
4 132 1 United Kingdom
14 Nov 2017 11:28AM
One thing I will say, I would try to avoid suitcase's with ZIPS if possible, they are very easily broke into.
I had some with zips when I went to Nepal, they can get into them with a ball point pen, I had mine broke into, had a small travel tripod stolen.
Try and get them with clips.
Techno Plus
9 2.4k 8 England
14 Nov 2017 1:03PM
I insisted on replacing our elderly Samsonite hard shell type suitcases of a few years old, with fabric light weight type, now I cannot consider packing even a Tripod, stick with an hard shell type to suit your pocket....

AlexE 63 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2017 5:56PM
Just stick at home like me Wink
StrayCat Plus
13 18.9k 3 Canada
15 Nov 2017 6:06PM
If you know any airline crew member, ask them to get you one like theirs, or get the info and get it yourself. They're durable, and fit all the criteria for carry-on. I remember mine was not as expensive as your budget, and lasted years of beating around the world. I gave it to our son a few years ago, and they still use it. Can't remember the brand.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.