Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

HOME FOR A DOG

KathyW 17 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
3 Jan 2006 12:32AM
I do hope you manage to find a good home for him Trev, he does look a super dog, so I wouldn't think you would have a problem.
I do agree that the Dogs Trust is a good way to go, but I would try to find out where the dog came from, as it may well still belong to the charity concerned. A few years ago I had a dog from the RSPCA, and from what I can remember, they do retain ownership of the animal. One of the conditions was the return of the dog to them if I could no longer care for it. However, I do know of several smaller rescue organisations who are not quite so fussy about where the dogs go, and do not home-check or do follow up visits.
Good luck, Kathy
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2006 12:56AM
Trev, for some reason I can't get the navigation buttons on your site to work, although I do have Java installed.

Where abouts in the country are you? My cousin, in Bucks, is considering getting another dog, theirs died a while ago. They have been to Battersea but there were none suitable, so they may be interested.

Can you drop me an email to my gmail account, with details and a photo and I'll forward it to them.

Ian
Westers 15 3.9k 1 Burkina Faso
3 Jan 2006 1:12AM
Ian, if you're using Firefox then the site doesn't seem to work with this. I had to use IE to get the buttons to work.
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2006 1:39AM
Thanks, not just me then.

Trev I've sent my cousin a text so I'll let you know if he is interested.

Ian
Sus 16 3.2k 9 England
3 Jan 2006 2:40AM
Dogs Trust were very helpful with me and I would totally recommend them, but there are many smaller local rescues that are just as good - however as Kathy says check no destruction policy, and that they have a follow-up procedure. But hopefully looks like Spike won't get to that - however good the rescue it is incredibly stressful I imagine in kennels, and over the course of several visits over a few weeks to Wood Green in my search, watched a devoted brother and sister pair of border collies ('must be rehomed together) gradually get more and more grumpy with each other until they had to be rehomed separately, just through being stressed with the kennel environment.
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2006 4:47AM
Take him up the Vet's.
twordley 14 360 England
4 Jan 2006 4:24AM
isn't it a shame, that we can't do that with some people?
Sus 16 3.2k 9 England
12 Jan 2006 12:43AM
Hi Trev, wondered what happened to old Spike in the end? Hope you found a home for him.

(Taken mine in for his goolies to be chopped off today, felt a right heel as I left him at the vets...)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.