Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

Home Studio

dickiedriver 14 212 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2007 7:45PM
I am looking to start photography as a career and because of medical problems want to set up at home and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good lighting kit to start me off budget will be tight
24 Feb 2007 8:02PM
Can't go wrong with the Elinchrom D-Lite's. A lot of the members on here have good things to say about them.

Not really sure if they will be what you need in terms of making a career out of it, but I shoot for hobby and they do the trick for me. Can get the D Lite 2 kit now for about 400 with 2 softboxes, and I think the D Lite 4 kit is only slightly more expensive.

Review of ELinchrom D Lite
martyn05 13 363 England
24 Feb 2007 8:09PM
I just brought the Interfit EX150 Home Studio Kit (199) from Warehouse Express and it is not a bad 2 head starter kit. They do recommend that you upgrade the 60w modelling bulbs to 100w for better results, they only cost 6 each. I also brought 2 Portaflash 2S light stands from Jessops (weekend deals off their website for 9.99 each, normally 39.99 at Jessops), then i got 2 lamp holders and 1 x silver umbrella and 1 x gold umbrella from a guy in China. Now i have a nice little kit that will do me fine.
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2007 8:40AM
Or try a bowens 250w kit. You could pick up a good s/hand kit and expand as you wish later. Good build and longevity as the Elinchroms.

Trev

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.