Save 35% On A SmugMug Account Today!

How annoying is that ?

BOB S 19 2.6k
10 Apr 2003 6:24PM
I often scan the site without logging in, if I look at a picture on the home page (in the gallery) obviously I cannot comment as I am not logged in - fair enough. However how annoying is it to then log in from the page showing the picture only to find yourself back at the home page with the picture you were looking at gone from the home page and you cannot find it again !!
AAAARRGGGHHHH.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
10 Apr 2003 7:53PM
We should have this fixed in the new system Bob. You can use your back button for the time being though.
J-P 18 396
11 Apr 2003 8:39AM
Bob, I never log in. I just arrive, comment, and go. It depends on you IE privacy level settings. (Tools>Internet options>Privacy)

I had them quite high at one time and it made things very tricky with on line purchasing. On this site I had to login every time. I'm now less paranoid and have turned the settings right down and it's much easier all round.
BOB S 19 2.6k
11 Apr 2003 9:03PM
Hi J-P,

I normally do the same, but if I clear out my cookies and old internet files of course I lose the log in !!

Cheers BOB
loweskid 19 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2003 9:50PM
Bob - download a program called 'Spybot' from...

http://security.kolla.de/news.php?lang=en

It will clear out the dodgy cookies (for instance the ones that track your browsing habits so 'they' can target you with ads) but leave the useful ones. The program's free.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.