Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

How do I post in "Classifieds"?

Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
30 Jan 2011 9:58PM
thanks for that...how surreal! I'll get the guys to take a look tomorrow. Should have it fixed soon. What version of IE do you use?
KingBee Plus
14 548 2 Scotland
31 Jan 2011 1:57PM
Sorry, Pete, been tied up on other stuff. I'm using IE8.

Thanks.

Bob
rhousham 14 435 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2011 9:30AM
Hi Bob, I've seen this kind of issue before. Do you have any anti virus?
In particular I've noticed an issue with kaspersky anti-virus try to disable it and then have a look.
I don't know the exact issue with it, but it's something with the settings.
If you need any further help, please PM me.
Regards
Richard
KingBee Plus
14 548 2 Scotland
1 Feb 2011 10:13AM
Thanks Richard. I think you may be right about the anti-virus thing - at home, I have Norton (which I know people moan about - but it's never let me down once) and it seems to be VERY choosy about what it lets through, and doesn't. However, the thought of disabling it, even if only very briefly, terrifies me - God knows what beasties that might attract! As it happens, I am in the office today and just for interest I tried accessing EPZ's "Classified" section using my work PC and, hey presto, up it comes, all as it should be.

So, I have finally managed to place my ad successfully. Pete (see above) did say that he hoped to have the 'problem' fixed soon, but in view of what you say the 'problem' may never have existed in the first place.

When I get home tonight I'll have a go at getting into EPZ "Classified" from my home PC, and if the previous problem persists then it seems safe to say that it is, as you say, down to the anti-virus software.

Many thanks again for your interest. Bob
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2011 10:54AM
There might be a way to add ephotozine.com to a trust/safe list in your anti virus which will prevent this from happening on ePHOTOzine.

The last time i used Norton Antivirus was in 2009. I found that from then, it appears to be extremely heavy handed when it comes to security. While this can be a good thing, i found it a huge irritation. Every website I went onto I had to do about and hundred things to just view the website. Norton popped-up for anything and everything.

Although, im sure if it is configured correctly, it won't be such a pest.
KingBee Plus
14 548 2 Scotland
1 Feb 2011 11:32AM
Thanks David. I'll check out your suggestion. Funnily enough, I get a lot of "a pop-up window has been blocked" when I'm browsing on IE8. When this happens I just right-click and open up in a new Window. I had assumed that this was down to IE8, but it now looks more likly that it's down to Norton, as discussed above. I don't find it a big deal per se, but I would if I was going to experience more problems such as I've had recently getting into "Classified" on EPZ.

Bob
rhousham 14 435 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2011 9:00AM
Yeah, give it a total disable just to see if that is the problem and then as Dave says there is usually a way to add an exception, which should help in those situations.
Richard

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.