Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

How Do I Reset My Domain Name

Hi,

I Click My Accident Save to My Domain Name But Now I Cant Get on my Website just redirects me back to foliopic Please Any Tips how to Reset it Please.
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
12 Apr 2012 4:25PM
Hi Joe

I think FolioPic have a dedicated Helpdesk, you are probably better raising a report there.

Ian
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
12 Apr 2012 4:25PM
Hi Joe,

All should be sorted now. If anything like this happens again, you can easily log into your admin area and change it back.
Thanks Very Much David Grin
charty Junior Member 9 7 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2012 6:50AM
I need some help with domain name too, bought one through clickpic which doesnt expire til 2013, not sure how to set it so that can use with foliopic?
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
10 Jun 2012 10:38AM

Quote:I need some help with domain name too, bought one through clickpic which doesnt expire til 2013, not sure how to set it so that can use with foliopic?

clickpic like foliopic are essential a web template / design service not a domain registrar. The best thing to do is transfer the domain to a normal domain name registrar company such as namecheap.com or 123-reg.co.uk. So the first step is to go to the registrar of your choice (there are many) and check their faq page to see how you transfer from clickpic. You will have to pay a small fee each year or two (depending on the frequency you set up) to renew your domain name. Then when transferred go into the admin panel of your registrar and set the domain up to your foliopic page.
There are FAQs on foliopic admin to help with this part.
13 Jun 2012 3:21PM
I have bought into namecheap, clikpic say they have unlocked the domain and changed the TAG, but when I try to get into carolinehart.co.uk it just takes me back to the clikpic site. This is very frustrating
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
13 Jun 2012 3:37PM
Right good it's all going correctly - now log into your namecheap admin and follow the instructions on how to point to foliopic in the FAQs on foliopic admin
rhousham 13 435 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2012 3:39PM
Hi Caroline, I see that you have a report on going with foliopic about this and we are providing all the support we can.
I agree that it is frustrating, but hold on and we can help you get there.
Richard
13 Jun 2012 3:44PM
Thanks, I have just read somewhere that I may have to wait 5 days. Thanks for your help - much appreciated! even by technophobes like me! Grin
13 Jun 2012 4:53PM
Yeah it is a long drawn out process when it comes to domains it often is.
It's basically to do with the internet knowing where things are and it takes a while for the changes to be recognised across the world.
That's the simple explanation.
Sorry couldn't have better news.
Richard
14 Jun 2012 7:33AM
Has been transfered now but do I have to change DNS servers? so it points to foliopic instead of clikpic, if so how do I tell Namecheap I want it to point to clikpic?
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
14 Jun 2012 9:19AM
David set this up for you earlier via your support inquiry. I'm now confused why you want to point back to clickpic?
14 Jun 2012 9:26AM
Hi yes it has been transferred for you and should all now be working correctly.

For anyone else reading this in the same position you will find most web hosts have pretty good faqs.

Here is the one for the host records
http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/555/2/demo-changing-host-record-settings-when-using-free-dns
Your need to set the records to
Name: www
Type: A Record
Address: 85.118.234.132

Name: *

Name: @

Namecheap also have live support so you can talk to someone about this
http://www.namecheap.com/support.aspx

Hope it helps.
Richard

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.