Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

how do I uninstall internet explorer8

Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
7 Apr 2011 2:21PM

Quote:In Windows XP goto Control Panel - Double Click zee Add Remove Programs - Click Add/Remove Windows Components from the left hand colum. Find IE and untick it again.

Tried that. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Not in XP anyway.

I've still got IE8 here, albeit hidden, solely for the purpose of downloading Micro$oft updates which Firefox doesn't seem to want me to do.

Jester.
pabloisme 11 566 England
7 Apr 2011 3:42PM
Forget June: Microsoft already pushing IE9 via Windows Update

On April 6, I began receiving reports from users who had not installed the Release Candidate (RC) or the beta of IE9 that they were seeing IE 9 show up via Windows Update.
READ FULL STORY

well I suppose you will be seeing it again! unless you (do an mcp?) do it to death, via the user controls?
roxpix 18 2.2k 11 Scotland
7 Apr 2011 4:15PM

Quote:Tried that. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Not in XP anyway.

I'm told that if you have downloaded SP3 on XP then it will prevent removal of IE8 unless you take out SP3 first
7 Apr 2011 4:40PM
Hi roxpix,

I don't really know why anyone would want to remove SP3 and I've never heard that myself.
I do remember a similar conversation somewhere though when IE7 and prior to that, IE6 were released (pushed upon us? I didn't instal either until I absolutely had to).
That was when I discovered that IE can't actually be removed. Only the most recent, updated version could be rolled back and even then, I think you can only go back so far.
In fact, I don't think you can do even that unless you remove everything that's been installed after the update.
If someone's found a way to completely remove it, then it's news to me.

Jester.
roxpix 18 2.2k 11 Scotland
7 Apr 2011 4:57PM
Hi Jester, it's all gobbledeflunk to me, I have no idea what any of it means. I just asked the wife to ask in her office where there are supposed to be to be some tech nerds & nerdettes Smile
7 Apr 2011 5:09PM

Quote:nerds & nerdettes

Nerdettes! I shall use that again!
pabloisme 11 566 England
8 Apr 2011 8:48AM
yo roxpix its the top shelf by the door, you will notice them by their stubble (nerdettes as well!) and lager stains!
davidburleson 15 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2011 8:57AM
did someone call?
pabloisme 11 566 England
8 Apr 2011 9:03AM
nice one DB

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.