Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

How do we see some of the images on site

photoworks 18 325 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2003 6:17PM
i an not sure about what you mean by "Femme Pratique" Are you talking about the French magazine of the same name.
Any way, knows that Patrick demarchelier is recognized as one of the best photographer in the world and had even got an exhibition at the Italian Museum of art in Milan. As for the other they are famous figures in the fashion photography world. Isabel Snyder works currently for th Rollingstone Magazine or Vogue magazine, whidh are landmarks in the photography World. If nothing else of what was said before count for you, this should be the final world. And of course i did not mention Rchard Avedon who is arguably the most greatest one, having maybe to share the honor with Irvin Penn.
Now this is great art and i wish i had just one ounce of the talent they infuse in their picts.
art, to my is to grasp the very essence of beauty in any thing. two other good artist illustrate this example Grinavid and Peter Turnley.

The final word is that when i look at the work of such great names, i sometimes feel the urge of throwing out all my pictures because, no matter how hard i try, i will never attain a thenth of their virtuosity with the camera.
photoid5 18 154
10 Jan 2003 7:12PM
Good for you, Serge.
Let's shake on it, eh?
This is a good place to try new things : anything goes as long as it gives us something to bicker about !
centur 19 106
11 Jan 2003 1:37AM
Serge Smile THANKS for those links a treasure trove of inspiration ...even a sort of benchmark ...well amongst the establishment at the very least !... and in passing, may I say...if I were, you I would NOT be put off by what YOU consider to be your lack of talent ..when comparing your work with the "recognized" greats ... after all I am sure 'they' started somewhere and maybe even in a place that 'stood on the toes'of what was "acceptable" at the time ..no? cheryl
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
11 Jan 2003 3:13AM
Here's my five cents' worth - one of the reasons Serge's work shines is because he does seem to capture the essence of beauty .. and as I've said elsewhere, the models seem to 'talk' to him rather than him pulling the strings (whether he is or not is irrelevant to the viewer ..)

What also comes across is a connection with and an understanding of women - who and what women are rather than who and what he wants them to be. His models seem to let him in on secrets. Illusion? Possibly. But that's such a gift in itself, and not everyone has it. And as Pete M says - these pictures have class - and that always shows.

So don't chuck your work out Serge! Just keep working! (and sharing some with us whenever you can Grin )
pablo perez 18 67
12 Jan 2003 1:49AM
thanks for the link info,knowledge is power.
ive learnt a lot from fashion shows,particularly regarding the colour codes,im a galliano and gaultier fan.i suppose the best is to search for the aesthetics you truly want to see.its rather difficult to try to reproduce someone elses style,so the best is to let your own come out by experimenting in all possible ways.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.