Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ticket discount with EZPTPS18 for The Photography Show 2018

How do you get your inspiration back ?

12 Jan 2012 3:37PM
I have been taking photos for the best part of 4 decades. As time has gone on - and I have to say more recently, i find that I am spending more time playing on photoshop than actually going out taking photos. I have just tried to set myself monthly projects and a project 52 to get me back to getting out more with my camera. I have also set up a "Journal" website to record all I do this year to get and keep motivated. There are probably loads of other things I could do, but What do you do when your inspiration for taking photos dips ???? Any thoughts anyone ? Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad Plus
14 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 3:52PM
I usually drink more wine and beer until it comes back. Smile

Recently I have not been getting out as much but it is more down to lack of opportunity than motivation. My inspiration did did a while ago and I didn't fight it, I had a break during which I took my camera along purely for 'snapshots' and gradually I found the desire to take 'proper' photographs returned.

You could always try a totally different genre to your normal work, get your grey cells working.

Ian
sherlob Plus
11 2.9k 129 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 4:03PM
It sounds like you've made a very positive start to addressing this issue.

The forst thing I'd advise is not to worry - a quick trawl through the forums here will show that many photographers on here go through such lulls. The second thing I'd advise is not to force things - the more you do this, the more you worry, the worse it can get (certainly this has been my experience). Rather - go with the flow. If your mojo's gone, give it time and it will come back.
gary_d Plus
10 576 13 Wales
12 Jan 2012 4:25PM
Better weather will help in getting out and about, I go through the same thing from time to time but the bug always bites and I am off and running again, A case of leaving nature take its course and not pushing things as already said by Sherlob.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.