Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

How many megapixels is enough for you?

StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
1 Nov 2017 7:05PM
I haven't put my FZ1000 up for sale yet, and I'm reluctant to do so. I will be doing a few side-by-side comparisons with the 2 cameras and equivalent focal lengths under similar conditions. The Panny is 20mp with a 1-inch sensor, and the Nikon is16mp with an APS-C sensor. So I will be editing in LR and cropping the images to see the difference. I will be using a Nikon 300mm f4D AF-S IF ED lens on the D7000 for comparison with the FZ1000. I had to return the first 300mm to Japan, auto focus didn't work, and no tripod collar. I paid $200 more for another one, they say mint, so we'll see. It should arrive soon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
1 Nov 2017 7:22PM

Quote:
Quote:means that buyers need a very compelling reason to go ahead. Commercial users will have a sound business reason and well heeled enthusiasts will be happy to pay for the bragging rights

Enthusiasts may even consider photographs of their families etc to be more important than photographs of fashion models etc

They would need to be well off in order to afford those Hasselblads if they aren't earning from that kind of kit, but if passionate photographers do stump up that kind of cash for their hobby that doesn't mean they are only doing so for bragging rights.

Plenty of amateurs use 5k Leica`s, 3, 4k lenses etc and no shortage of very flash and expensive sports cars on the roads driven by none pro drivers Smile
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
1 Nov 2017 7:54PM
Read an article about rich kids in California renting airplanes for photography props, no pun intended.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.