How to get a genuine black-eye effect without using photoshop (an interactive guide)

featuredteacher 11 47 4 China
12 Apr 2009 5:04PM
Based on a recent photographic experience; this is my guide to achieving a black eye effect in self portraits without using photoshop. Are you planning to put your picture on dating websites, and want to look 'hard'? Does your insurance company want photographic evidence that the mugging you faked actually happened? Well - then this guide is for you!

Step 1. Go to the street and studio exhibition in London and look up some candid street photographers. Get a bit fired up and start thinking "thats a good way to do photography"

Step 2. Become dissilusioned with your prententious, wannabe SLR finepix camera, and buy an old 'real un' from ebay. One with the loudest shutter in the known world helps - I reccomend a canon T70.

Step 3. Go somewhere where people are more 'interesting'. You know - the parts of the city where policeman move in packs of eight and ice cream vans have blacked out windows. Set yourself up on a high street with your new found toy.

Step 4. Take pictures.

Good luck folks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread 11 4.1k 19 England
12 Apr 2009 5:19PM
note - the above method does not always work - its very easy to get redeye effect from it! I know Sad
tepot 15 4.4k United Kingdom
12 Apr 2009 5:44PM
how about just walking into a pub and abusing some customers?

Terry.
mark_delta 12 1.3k
12 Apr 2009 7:24PM
You could ask a well known pop star with a name not dissimilar to billy ballen for a picture that usually gets people black eyes.
hellsbells8868 11 151 2 Wales
12 Apr 2009 8:31PM

Quote:You could ask a well known pop star with a name not dissimilar to billy ballen for a picture that usually gets people black eyes.

It may be the 8 ish vodkas that i have had Wink but my mind is working overtime and i have no idea who that is....it wil bug me within an inch of my life if i dont work this out.... Wink
LesleyJ 12 246 England
14 Apr 2009 10:11PM

Quote:You could ask a well known pop star with a name not dissimilar to billy ballen for a picture that usually gets people black eyes.

Flipping Heck - just spent 2 hours trying to work out who you were refering too. Doh!! - got it now.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.