Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

How to get a Landscape RC Award

MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
19 Jun 2008 7:11PM

Quote:get your tripod very low so a rock/branch/grass tuffet/puddle/rocky outcrop occupies the foreground and looks abnormally large

Good f/g details

Quote:When converting the RAW, push the white balance to 12000-14000K, increase the saturation lots and apply a reasonably steep "S" shape in the curves. this gives it a warm, homely glow, makes the colours stand out and adds mystery.

Nice light

Quote:run a "velvia" action to further enhance the colours

Nice colours

Quote:slightly sharpen, focussing mainly on the foreground rock. this draws the eye to the focal point a bit.

Great textures

Quote:flatten the image, create a duplicate layer over the top of the original image. Set Blend mode to "multiply" and slide the Opacity to about 10-20%. this will really darken the dark bits and make the colours even stronger.

Great atmosphere

Quote:save the tiff, put a subtle frame around it - resize, sharpen a little to taste and upload.

Like the presentation

Click
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2008 7:12PM
Now you let my cat out the bag, I'll have to shoot something else, maybe some night photography.... hmmmm, Smile

RC's just don't tickle my fancy any more and the elusive EC's and HC's don't seem to come my way either, perhaps I should become a barber and move to Seville or something as this is getting a bit cut throat around here too!
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
19 Jun 2008 7:12PM
Ooh Ade, you are awful
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
19 Jun 2008 7:22PM
Awful?

I give you the magical secrets needed to get an EPZ RC landscape and I'm awful!!!

Wink
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
19 Jun 2008 8:31PM

Quote:"How to get a Nude RC Award" next please ....

just post it, any old tat will do if it has tits.
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
19 Jun 2008 8:34PM
I think you missed out a W there.
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
19 Jun 2008 8:37PM
PMSL!
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
19 Jun 2008 8:38PM

Quote:I give you the magical secrets needed to get an EPZ RC landscape and I'm awful!!!

I think you got the white balance wrong
pennyspike 18 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2008 8:48PM

Quote:I think you got the white balance wrong
He can't give all his secrets away without leaving the odd red herringWink
rowarrior 13 4.4k 9 Scotland
19 Jun 2008 9:00PM

Quote:Quote:get your tripod very low so a rock/branch/grass tuffet/puddle/rocky outcrop occupies the foreground and looks abnormally large

Good f/g details

Quote:When converting the RAW, push the white balance to 12000-14000K, increase the saturation lots and apply a reasonably steep "S" shape in the curves. this gives it a warm, homely glow, makes the colours stand out and adds mystery.

Nice light

Quote:run a "velvia" action to further enhance the colours

Nice colours

Quote:slightly sharpen, focussing mainly on the foreground rock. this draws the eye to the focal point a bit.

Great textures

Quote:flatten the image, create a duplicate layer over the top of the original image. Set Blend mode to "multiply" and slide the Opacity to about 10-20%. this will really darken the dark bits and make the colours even stronger.Great atmosphere
Quote:save the tiff, put a subtle frame around it - resize, sharpen a little to taste and upload.

Like the presentation

Click

Thank you, keyboard and monitor covered in water...
Kris_Dutson 18 8.2k 1 England
19 Jun 2008 9:46PM

Quote:(use F16 of course)

I prefer f22.

And you forgot the HDR version where you wind all the controls up to 11...

Wink
fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
19 Jun 2008 9:47PM
11? i thought they just wired it to the mains and threw the switch!
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
19 Jun 2008 9:50PM

Quote:Thank you, keyboard and monitor covered in water...

Hopefully due to you laughing Katy
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
20 Jun 2008 12:27AM
Must confess that I was out tonight and only used 3 stops of grad.... so another red herring there!

then again, I was in the middle of the road with a flash shooting my mate in his old Triumph zooming past hoping to capture something interesing.... now that was tricky! And largely unsuccessful.
jimthistle73 17 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2008 1:36AM

Quote:I think you missed out a W there.

Quote:Quote:"How to get a Nude RC Award" next please ....just post it, any old tat will do if it has tits.

If it has twits?!!

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.