Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

How to get your camera back if lost (Goggs)

Britman 13 1.7k England
27 Dec 2009 1:13AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior 11 4.4k 9 Scotland
27 Dec 2009 1:47AM
Lol, very good, must remember that!
Malize 9 17
27 Dec 2009 4:03AM
Lol!!! I need to do it Smile
jeanie Plus
15 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2009 11:32AM
haha... very good!

Did you bring this to Pete's attention, apart from note him on the title?? lol!
Xiaoli 10 661 14 South Africa
28 Dec 2009 12:17AM
LOL that was clever but there is also THIS link.
canon_stu 16 140 4 England
28 Dec 2009 1:38AM
Wonder how many people have emailed him saying he will never see his "expensive" camera again and not to be so numb in the future, Can you really see it being sent back to him?
QuentinS 14 26 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2009 12:51PM

Quote:Wonder how many people have emailed him saying he will never see his "expensive" camera again and not to be so numb in the future, Can you really see it being sent back to him?

Who not? I found a camera on the river banks here in Durham, handed into the police station and within a day had a phone call from the owner saying thanks. Am I the only person who would hand one in?

Quentin
kaybee 15 6.7k 26 Scotland
28 Dec 2009 3:23PM
We had a camera bag and full contents handed to us many years ago.

We knew it had to be a tourists camera so we took a load of snaps of touristy things (finished the film in fact).

As we approached the police box (yes - we did work from them) there were a couple of Japanese tourists trying to contact the police to report the loss of their bag.

They were delighted to get the bag and contents back and found it extremely funny that we had taken pictures for them since they had a train to catch so would not have managed to get any simolar shots.

And in answer to Quentins question - there are a lot of lost items (including cameras) handed in that you would expect to 'vanish'
BEVZED 12 1.1k United Kingdom
28 Dec 2009 3:58PM
I found one on a bench at the railway station a few years ago, checked the pictures, (priceless - never to be taken again newborn and brother), locked the pictures off and handed it in.
The local paper had quite a snotty letter the next week about people being heartless enough to 'steal' a camera etc etc. When I checked with the station the camera was still there, they hadn't left any contact details whatsoever with the staff so they couldn't let them know. I got in touch with the paper and eventually managed to obtain some contact details and called the chap myself.
A week later I came home and found the chap had called with an enormous boquet of beautiful flowers as a thankyou Smile
Anthony 17 5.6k 17 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2009 4:21PM
loved the first link, thats really clever.

Anthony
rowarrior 11 4.4k 9 Scotland
28 Dec 2009 5:17PM

Quote:They were delighted to get the bag and contents back and found it extremely funny that we had taken pictures for them since they had a train to catch so would not have managed to get any simolar shots.

Fabulous, oh, that was definitely a festive, heartwarming tale Smile
kaybee 15 6.7k 26 Scotland
28 Dec 2009 5:52PM

Quote:A week later I came home and found the chap had called with an enormous boquet of beautiful flowers as a thank you

That was nice - eating a bit of humble pie
webjam 15 292 11 Netherlands
28 Dec 2009 6:45PM

Quote:Rather funny, how to get camera back after you lose it.

Great idea! As long as you don't drop it in the ocean or so...

Jacqueline

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.