Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Huh !???

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
23 May 2011 3:35PM
When I first saw the black b/g I though it looked classy and neat, but after a while it intruded to such an extent I changed back to white b/g. Just too much black.
Scutter Plus
13 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
23 May 2011 4:15PM

Quote:.................... there ought to be a choice of tone between white to black. ........................)

Agreed!
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
23 May 2011 4:42PM

Quote:I have just read the message about the new about tab which needs to be turned off in the settings bit if you want your pf to look like it used to ... done!

I've done the same but when you navigate away from the page and then return it's back again. How do I switch it off permanently?
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
23 May 2011 4:44PM
Go to Settings, Website ops, Portfolio ops, and go down to the bottom. You'll find the on/off switch there.
MalcolmS Plus
15 1.2k 13 England
23 May 2011 4:49PM
Thanks Chris, that's done.
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
23 May 2011 6:08PM
I couldn't believe it either! Thought it was a fault so I sent in a report!! LOL!!

Then I saw that tiny, tiny little yellow envelope in my PF area...

Need to announce these things in a bigger way Team!!

Wink
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
23 May 2011 6:27PM

Quote:When I first saw the black b/g I though it looked classy and neat, but after a while it intruded to such an extent I changed back to white b/g.

Ditto. I too have changed back now. Why do we (e2 members) need to be limited in any way though?

For individual photos we have an infinite choice of background colour, via the handy little box below. Surely it would only need a tiny tweak to make this box available for the portfolio background too?

bg.jpg
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
23 May 2011 6:45PM
true but then the text colour for h1s, standard text, active links, inactive links etc would need to be set too so they are readable and the whole feel of the site would be cheapened by a multi colour range...anyone seen myspace and bebo? It's much easier when it's just a background to a photo. We plan to offer alternative colour sets in the future but not just yet. Best thing to do is stick with white as its always been if black's not a preferred new option
23 May 2011 7:04PM

Quote:whole feel of the site would be cheapened by a multi colour range

But you don't feel it's cheapened by allowing it on individual photos? Wink

Fair point about text and links though. OK, just add light, dark and mid-grey then. Smile
Paintman Plus
14 1.5k 180 United Kingdom
23 May 2011 7:34PM
I think white, light grey, mid grey, dark grey and black should be enough to satisfy most people and without cheapening the siteSmile
ringyneck 14 315 18 United Kingdom
24 May 2011 12:19AM
I always use a black background to my uploads so this black portfolio feature is great.
Multicolour would be cheap .
Many expensive own web sites use black and epz using it has sent it more up market. Grin

Agree about the message alerts...too small and stuck over to the right on it's own like the naughty child. Sad

Keith Smile
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
24 May 2011 11:45AM

Quote: Agree about the message alerts...too small and stuck over to the right on it's own like the naughty child [/Quote]
Yep - far too small for important messages of site changes.

24 May 2011 11:52AM
At the very last the message alert should be flashing. This would be one good use of flashing on the site............. flashing ads we could do without! Wink
jongjeank 10 1 Korea
31 May 2011 2:11PM
Wink Hi Paintman
Have look your personal message box and reply me please
JeanSmileSmileSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.