Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

HUMAX HDR-1800T video recorder

MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
30 Oct 2016 8:42AM
Hi ..... can anyone please tell me the significance of the folders ?
...there're dozens of them...how can I get rid of them when they're empty ?

...also how can I tell how much of the 320gb of the drive, is used ?

....any help appreciated.....Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.7k England
30 Oct 2016 9:08AM
There is some information here Mike http://www.trustedreviews.com/humax-hdr-1800t-review but I would guess that you should have the ability in 'Settings' to get an answer to all your questions. I have a Humax box, but not a Freeview one as I have Freesat, on the remote control I can bring up a menu which will give me all the information that I need.
30 Oct 2016 4:37PM
Thanks for the link but I really couldn't understand it 'nor could I find any way to get to the settings' ....It is all too complicated for me and unless I can find some improvement in the next few days I'm hoping to return it to Argos, get my money back and buy one of the so called reconditioned machines of the previous models PVR-9150T
I used this model for the last 10 years with no bother or complications, simple to set up and easy to use which proves to me that the complications built in to the current model were totally unnecessary..

Can I ask what anyone else uses to record programs ?

....cheers....Mike
kaz1 Plus
9 137 United Kingdom
30 Oct 2016 5:41PM

Previously we had the PVR 9150T but it gave up the ghost after about two years.

We now have a Humax FVP-4000T 1TB. It's our second one in six months....We don't seem to have much luck with digi boxes!!
Tianshi_angie 4 2.7k England
1 Nov 2016 9:20AM
There is a button at the bottom right of the remote control which says 'Menu'. If you press this then it should contain 'Settings'. As I am not familiar with this specific remote control then I cannot be 100% sure of what is where! But the remote's buttons can be pressed without too much fear of screwing things up. If the worst comes to the worst then turning off and on again should rectify it. The manual that came with the recorder should gives you some indication of what functions each button controls. Experiment and I'm sure it will be OK.
1 Nov 2016 9:53AM
....cheers for that....I'll check it out.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.