Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

I give up

alan h. 19 275 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 10:48AM
after six years of memebership i am afraid e photozine has got me beat. ever time i upload now i get a file too big notice. i use the method i have used over these years , comply strictly with pixel dimensions , use jpeg
but they still come out over file size. i have tried save for web as has been suggested but of no avail.alan h.
JYBluesman 14 97
21 Jun 2007 10:52AM
I had the same problem for a long time getting confused with sizes and resolution. I have been using AC/DSee9 to resize my imagines to upload to Ephotozine. It gives a pretty acurate file size estimate before actually saving the file which is useful. Had no problems since then. J.
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 10:53AM
Alan, email one of the jpegs to me at digicammad_at_gmail_dot_com and I will see if I can spot the problem.

Ian
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
Report it ("report problems or suggestions" bottom of page)

edit - sorry, typed too slow..
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, Alan. Could you confirm the file size (KB) as well as the pixel dimensions you are trying to upload? If the system is rejecting properly sized photos/files then the team need to be notified that there's a glitch in the system.

Edit: whoops, much too slow

Doug
Photogene 15 176 Wales
21 Jun 2007 11:36AM
What software program are you using?
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
21 Jun 2007 11:51AM

Quote:i am afraid e photozine has got me beat.

Quote:i use the method i have used over these years , comply strictly with pixel dimensions , use jpeg
but they still come out over file size.

I would say that this is a problem with the software you are using Alan.
However, having said that.
I do understand someone else had a similar problem when using IE7.
Did you check the file size after resizing and saving for web?
If you did and it was correct, but you get the file too large message when uploading it could be a browser problem.
They changed to Firefox and had no more trouble.
It may be worth your while trying Firefox to see if it helps.
Doug
Martin54 Plus
15 547 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 12:12PM
I remember a comment a little while ago that in the past the upload limits weren't actually enforced but they are now. I've searched forthe tread but can't find it immediately, but it was to do with the new upload sizes that came with V4. It could be that Alan has been uploading large pictures all the time, but it is only now that they are being checked for size?
Martin
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
21 Jun 2007 12:18PM
Yes, that is one possibility Martin.
It has tripped up one or two people since the launch of V4.
alan h. 19 275 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 2:28PM
i think ive got it. not being remotely technically minded i think i have found where i have gone wrong. todate i have always left the j peg quality
between 10 and 12 without having any difficulty
uploading the pictures ,i have just noticed that
reducing the quality to 8 the file reduces to
an acceptable size . i told you i was not a technical man. so i have uploaded a picture with success. thanks all .alan h.
csurry 19 9.2k 92
21 Jun 2007 5:25PM
Here's the thread that let the secret out of the bag that pre-V4 files sizes were not checked for anything other than being less than 2mb.
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
21 Jun 2007 8:41PM
do save for web, then click the little triangle button and in there it'll say "Optimse to file size" or something like that

click that, type in 200K

click OK
save file
upload
job's a guddun
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2007 9:07PM
as csurry mentioned, this is because we are actually enforcing the upload limit. I know it usually means an extra step for everyone, but its so we can have a quicker browsing experience and our servers don't start clogging with file uploads as our traffic is increasing.

We are here to help our, so if you are having problems, submit a support ticket and we will be more than happy to give you a hand.
Kerrygold 15 63 Ireland
21 Jun 2007 9:17PM

Quote:Do save for web, then click the little triangle button and in there it'll say "Optimse to file size" or something like that

click that, type in 200K

click OK
save file
upload
job's a guddun

I've done that exactly for years no problem.

In the last month or so, it doesn't change the filesize at all and I have to use the slider. Anyone know why?
Kerrygold 15 63 Ireland
21 Jun 2007 9:40PM
And now I notice that the colours are much duller than the file on screen when I use save for web ??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.