GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

I love it when people steal my images...

ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
23 Aug 2014 10:34AM

Quote:....after all I only record what is none of my doing and don't take any credit from that,

Some old boy on Facebook's "Monochrome Visions" page said the above in reaction to

Be interested to see what reaction you have....

I was rather incredulous!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

23 Aug 2014 10:39AM
moi...?

here's what I said

Quote: wow - you really shouldn't undervalue what you do so much Peter, I don't know your work at all, but surely it has some worth?

Photography is more than "recording", it's the culmination of every hour you've been alive,. every scene you've seen, every photograph you've taken, every word of praise or "constructive feedback" you've had... everything you are... all channelled into that moment you look through the lens and choose what settings to use.... plus the choices you make in location, the knowledge you've built up of lighting, the photoshop and RAW processing skills you have accrused over many years....

With all that in mind, I'm extremely unhappy when people steal my images

But we're all different

sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 10:47AM
I get the feeling that Peter is desperate for some form of recognition - after all surely people need to recognise your work as worthy of theft in the first place.

Quote:With all that in mind, I'm extremely unhappy when people steal my images

Honestly Ade I was only borrowing them… I've put them all back now - have a look for yourself there back in your portfolio… WinkWinkWink
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Aug 2014 12:36PM
I dont love it but it doesn't always bother me. In fact it rarely does unless they claim to be the author of them.
23 Aug 2014 12:41PM
What is wrong with asking the rightful owner of images, if you may use them, and let them know what u want them for, then credit them with the artist name??? assuming permission is given that is! Taking without asking IS theft and is not right at all!
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 1:13PM

Quote:Photography is more than "recording", it's the culmination of every hour you've been alive,. every scene you've seen, every photograph you've taken, every word of praise or "constructive feedback" you've had... everything you are... all channelled into that moment you look through the lens and choose what settings to use.... plus the choices you make in location, the knowledge you've built up of lighting, the photoshop and RAW processing skills you have accrused over many years....

That sounds like one of those art gallery blurbs that they use to convince you that it's a work of art you are looking at and not some fuzzy old snap taken when the camera fell off the tripod Grin

Me, I like to get paid for what I do because my stuff is my copyright and that's the deal and I'm perfectly happy to walk away from a sale if the price isn't right.

if someone values his work so poorly as to let anyone just nick it if they fancy, he's making his own value on his work, is probably right and is quite entitled to do it, of course.
MikeA 14 1.3k England
23 Aug 2014 1:57PM
This lot used my video: http://www.maxlam.it/ , now they have the title and no video. With the Vimeo website you can replace video or the "showcase image". I did write to them but received no reply before blocking them.
23 Aug 2014 4:55PM

Quote:

That sounds like one of those art gallery blurbs that they use to convince you that it's a work of art you are looking at and not some fuzzy old snap taken when the camera fell off the tripod Grin

Mission accomplished... was designed to stimulate a response, and boy did it... he went off on big time lol

then left the group
23 Aug 2014 5:26PM
Chap went by the name of Peter James Roscoe, and said "oh BTW you've seen thousands of my photos"

That bit puzzled me... never heard of him
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 5:49PM

Quote:Chap went by the name of Peter James Roscoe,

Not the Peter James Roscoe? Tongue
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Aug 2014 8:27PM
Omg, it's PJ Roscoe. I've seen loads of his..........on other people's websites
23 Aug 2014 9:53PM
he was on fire

https://www.facebook.com/groups/monochromevisionuk/317073618467575/?comment_id=317259331782337&notif_t=like

there's a shot of mine there - Hawewater... just enjoy the descent into abuse Wink

has anyone actually heard of him .... we're all mystified on facebook... sure it's a wind up
LesF 13 182 9
23 Aug 2014 10:12PM
I read the posts early today Ade, I am still trying to figure out why he went off on one, must have been time of the month, because he spoke like one
23 Aug 2014 10:14PM
I think everyone's bemused Les - not least me... had a few calls and chats on-line since... just who is this mysterious person!

he's still in the group as he "liked" my last post... which is odd

maybe it's a test...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.