Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Create amazing landscapes with LandscapePro. Use discount code EPZMES

ICC profile needed!

mikeyc71 13 1.2k
6 Mar 2009 11:26PM
My father-in-law has got a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 printer and has got a year's supply of HP Photo premium paper (I think). He needs an ICC profile for this printer/paper combo. Where can I get one?

regards and thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 13 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2009 11:34PM
That would need a custom profile as HP would issue profiles for their printers etc. So I suggest he looks at

1 buying a printer paper profiling device
2 Doing a web search for custom paper profiling providers. Like this

It is probably lower in cost to get new paper or printer, whichever is of the lowest cost. I would not expect HP paper and Canon printers to be a good mix.
mikeyc71 13 1.2k
6 Mar 2009 11:51PM
cheers strawman.

i don't think he wants to get new paper (canon, kodak or ilford) as they're pricey and he wants to use the bog standard HP paper. I told him to set printer to 'other photo paper' and it seems to be a bit better (for the time being)

regards and thanks
videoman Plus
12 58 1 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2009 8:16PM
Hi Mike,
As Strawman says, Canon printer and HP paper do not go together at all well. In fact HP paper is only really good on an HP printer.
I used to have an HP printer and loads of paper.
When the printer died I tried using it on my new Epson and it was useless so I gave it to my daughter as she had a Canon. It was a disaster on the Canon so I finally gave all the paper away to a guy at the Photo club with an HP printer.
Again, as Strawman said, if you have a very large stock of HP paper, then your best bet is to buy an HP printer.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.