Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Photography Show, a destination for all photographers

If We Can't Trust Government.......

brian1208 Plus
13 11.2k 12 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2011 5:20PM
Looks a fairly straightforward (safe) proposition to me CB, no new technology, all proven eg: coal to gas then gas to liquid conversions. Plus points are that its low sulphur coal (makes for a better grade product and cheaper processing than high sulphur) and they are using carbon capture technolgy (which appears to have government approval) so should get green credits (and maybe tax benefits?).

On the figures floating around on the web they look to have good reserves and better yet, a ready local market to take the product.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse Plus
13 40.5k 269 England
6 Aug 2011 5:26PM
Thanks again, Brian. Smile
gcarth Plus
12 2.5k 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2011 2:18PM

Quote:All this doom & gloom, you could always put your head in a gas oven...... (8o)

Clearly I dont see it, as obvoiusly, others do. I live in a very pleasant country which although not perfect gives me and my family a very nice way of life, I own my own house, I know my health will (probably) be taken care of, my children will be educated, I will have a pension etc. So whilst I suppose I could complain - I choose not to and get on with my life instead of whinging about politicians, banks and whatever else you care to name. I have said on here many times -- My glass is always half full! You have a choice.

€olin

I'm not rich but I'm comfortable and contended. However, I believe that everyone (or almost everyone) should be as fortunate as I am; and it seems to me rather misanthropic to smugly sit back and ignore the rest of society, many of whom deserve much better.
I'm sure life is much better for most of us than it was years ago but people's expectations and general states of enlightenment are greater now. Years ago, many of us held a sense of deference for our leaders, the upper class, the establishment generally. Now many of us realise that there are good and awful people in all "classes" and in all walks of life; People are better educated now (though there is a long way to go) and many of us realise that ordinary people are not necessarily so ordinary - they too can contribute and make a difference.
Many of us whinge because no one is listening - our politicians are all too often self-serving and deceitful.
Having said all that, I would concede that whingeing on one's own behalf is very tedious and a rather unattractive personal trait.
StrayCat Plus
12 17.8k 3 Canada
8 Aug 2011 7:00PM
Well said Garth. The Self-serving politicians in the US Congress, and I include the Tea Party, as well as the rest, showed nothing but contempt for the people who elected them, and depend on them for so many things, and also, imo, a blatant comtempt for their system of doing business, which has worked well for years. It wasn't that they couldn't reach an agreement; it was more that they refused to reach an agreement, and tried to sabotage Obama's presidency, no matter the cost. They are so arrogant and selfish, they couldn't see beyond their narrow little path to the next election, regardless of the cost to the American people. As a result, all American businesses will have their AAA ratings downgraded because a business cannot have a higher rating than the country in which it is based, which means higher interest on loans, and higher costs of doing business. All of this will be passed to the people, of course. It will take years to regain a AAA credit rating again. And we all know, whatever happens in the US economy, affects pretty much the rest of the world.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.