30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

In Digital Photo Mag

14 May 2006 2:37AM
Just bought a copy of Digital Photo mag and discovered to my suprise that I've won the portrait round of their Digital Photographer of the Year comp. I've won a 350D!!! Smile. I'm well chuffed!

If anyone is interested, its an updated version of this shot
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
14 May 2006 2:58AM
I'm not surprised - if it's an updated (improved?) version of that shot then it's worth a prize Smile

Congratulations

Alison
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
14 May 2006 3:04AM
well done Dave.
lloydee 17 247
14 May 2006 3:13AM
awesome - not atall suprised

i also feature in the Hotshots section! happy as you are mate

lloyd
gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 1:52AM
Congrats mate, thought I'd missed out and realised that mine got third place! Had to look at it twice. Only managed a 7th and 10th up to now. Joint 5th overall is amazing, when I see some of the names around me in the table. Its a honour to be in the same company.

I feel very lucky Smile
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 3:30AM
Well done.

I wasn't going to mention it but

this photo

just won third for me in the June edition of Digital Camera Mag's Photographer of the Year competition (Powerful Portraits) and was the top UK entry. I only mention it because like yours it has just managed to crawl past a RC here.
17 May 2006 4:07AM
Well done to you Glen!

This is really funny - I've just emailed fellow MPA member Maria Murray congratulating her on getting 4th in the same DP comp!

Small world!
paulcr Plus
16 1.5k 9 Ireland
17 May 2006 4:16AM
You know, I saw this and I was CONVINCED I'd seen it here. Good luck wuth the rest of the competition. Last years winner is a member here (Clare Morgan). Maybe we could do the double.

Quote:when I see some of the names around me in the table. Its a honour to be in the same company.
.. Well said PAul
gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 4:55AM
The last couple of years nothing, then its all going great this year. I feel you need 12 months or so of leg work and critique from sites like this to gauge its quality and readers feedback. You can take it onboard and sometimes improve on an image that might just give it the edge from an average shot.

I'm lucky and take alot of images and keep everthing more or less so when a competition comes along. Its about choice of shot rather then panic and think of something to take.
martinproe 15 293 5 England
17 May 2006 7:47AM
Saw your shot Dave, but had no idea it was an epz'r. Looks fabulous in the mag,congratulations.
takui neko 17 849 11 Spain
17 May 2006 7:50AM
Excelent, congratulations! Smile
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
17 May 2006 8:08AM
In my case (Digital Camera Mag - different to Dave's) I just re read the conditions and found out I now get sent a creative brief for the competition shoot off with a first prize of a 15,000 round the world trip. Bloody hell pressure or what? I normally just amble around doing my own thing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.