Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Industrial Archeology of Scotland

User_Removed 6 4.6k 1 Scotland
7 Nov 2012 5:12PM
All suggestions welcomed.

I am looking to compile a portfolio of images, suitable for incorporation into an AV presentation, illustrating the industrial archeology of Scotland.

I am interested in anything and everything in this subject area - whether it is a ruinous condition or has been restored and preserved.

All suggestions of potential photogenic sites welcomed.

Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69 12 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2012 5:23PM
The no.1 for me would be St Peters Seminary Glasgow , on the list of top 100 architectural sites in the world and a catastrophe of industrial and modern design now in a derelict state , not sure this fits your scope but i have many photos of it ..
fraser 12 631 14 Scotland
7 Nov 2012 5:26PM
Both Summerlee in Airdrie and New Lanark both must be worth a look. There's also a coal gas museum in Biggar. Another belter is the Graving Docks on the south side of the River Clyde in Glasgow. They are quite a sight.
seahawk Plus
9 898 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2012 6:47PM
My son's a bit of an expert on this topic. I'll consult him and get back later.
8 Nov 2012 7:52AM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Please keep them coming.
widtink 4 406 2 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 8:07AM
Any of the Nairns Linoleum buildings in Kirkcaldy one is now residential one is sorta derilict see my PF Smile

Rod

And obviously any pit/mining stuff plenty o that in Scotland
kaybee 12 4.8k 25 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 8:26AM
Lady Victoria mining museum

The Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway ............ not forgetting the Birkhill clay mines at the end of the line.
Railcam 9 602 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 9:11AM

Quote: not forgetting the Birkhill clay mines at the end of the line.

Unfortunately the Birkhill Fireclay Mine is temporarily closed. See: http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/venues/birkhill-fireclay-mine/
9 Nov 2012 10:59PM
I hope it is only temporary, Railcam. It's a location that was very popular with photographers.
Railcam 9 602 Scotland
10 Nov 2012 10:43AM
I am having difficulty finding out the current situation regarding the mine. A lot of the surface buildings were unsafe and I think some have since been demolished. I am sure this was the original reason for closure. I have no idea when/if it will reopen.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.