Injured Robin - Help

Ewanneil 9 1.1k 2 Scotland
26 Jan 2013 10:50AM
I won't David. I have various types of food hanging from tree branches (about 10 feet above ground) so that all the seed and nut eaters are catered for. I also put out food for the ground feeders and I think you just have to be aware of attrition rates. Many birds will succumb to predators; a few will be killed by others of their species and with weather like we have had many will lie from cold/lack of food. I am just trying to help as many as I can.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Cephus Plus
14 2.5k England
26 Jan 2013 11:05AM

Quote:I won't David. I have various types of food hanging from tree branches (about 10 feet above ground) so that all the seed and nut eaters are catered for. I also put out food for the ground feeders and I think you just have to be aware of attrition rates. Many birds will succumb to predators; a few will be killed by others of their species and with weather like we have had many will lie from cold/lack of food. I am just trying to help as many as I can.

Keep up the good work you're doing much more good than harm.

Don't forget that they also need water.
26 Jan 2013 11:11AM

Quote:Don't forget that they also need water.

Yes. I put that out as well.
chalkhillblue 10 164 2 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2013 1:17PM
Congratulations, it seems you are doing a great job, you must get a fair few different species through your garden, do not forget it is the RSBP Bird Watch
this weekend, just to echo Cephus's remark, you are doing far more good than harm.
Thank you David
26 Jan 2013 6:19PM
Sorry for not responding sooner but I have been out most of the afternoon.

The RSPB Bird Watch weekend had passed me by. I'll look into it and see how I can contribute. Thanks to both you and Cephus for the encouraging words.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.