Inspiration

Farris 14 24
17 Dec 2005 4:28PM
where do you get yours?
I want to enter a juried art show through the Kinsey institute, on erotica. Not having ever taken erotic shots before I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I might be inspired.
Also if anyone is interested I can give you the info. It is for U.S. residents only though.
Farris

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse 16 41.4k 270 England
17 Dec 2005 4:44PM
I look to see what sort of thing gets most clicks in EPZ !!! Grin

..........kidding!! ;o)

I am inspired by everything I see. If I don't think to myself, at least once a day, "that would make a good photo" - it's an unusual day. It's a thought which occurs to me, quite often, several times a day. That's not to say I actually take the photo(s) though.
covey 15 1.7k Ireland
17 Dec 2005 4:47PM
Any reason why you don't post a few more CB?

T.
keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2005 1:00AM

Quote:I am inspired by everything I see.

Right. But in this case you have to see erotica!

Not clear whether this has to be about erotica (maybe PJ or emotive shots of a reportage or still life kind) or whether it has to be erotic photos. If the latter I'd suggest you find a woman and a camera and get started. I say woman because I've no idea how you'd do this with a male subject.
Wait - I'm getting an idea - ugh! that was horrible, I'd stick with a female.

On the other hand, I've somtimes wondered where my flower photos were going, and people who've looked have mentioned Mapplethorpe ...
CaptivePhotons 16 1.7k 2 England
18 Dec 2005 1:03AM
Browse the galleries, if you see something you like, go to that persons portfolio and look at what they do and how they do it.
18 Dec 2005 4:23AM

Quote:Any reason why you don't post a few more CB?

Because I haven't actually done as much stills photography as normal. At this time of year, I am as usual being badgered to do video work of various types. Jack of All Trades, that's me........................

........yeah, yeah - and the rest!!! ;o)
keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2005 6:08AM
I didn't know badgers were involved in video as well.
Any recommendations ?
18 Dec 2005 6:18AM

Quote:I didn't know badgers were involved in video as well.
Any recommendations ?

Yes indeed - see here ! Smile
Farris 14 24
18 Dec 2005 9:14AM
this is the link to the info about the show if anyone is interested. I do, every day see things and think, "that would be a great shot!! but it is not usual erotic. I will open my eyes a bit more.

Juried erotic art show here

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.