Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Insurance - going abroad

JulieR 15 28 England
17 Apr 2007 6:09PM
Hi All

If this is an ongoing question please forgive me.
I am going to France in September and need to insure my equipment.
I am a semi professional photographer, equipment worth around 1700.
Do you have any suggestions as to insurers, trusted and tried please?

Many thanks Jools
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
18 Apr 2007 3:13AM
Who do you insure your equipment with at present?

It can often be cheaper to approach your present insurers to ask for an 'add-on' for a specific trip.
Vee_Enn 16 100 England
18 Apr 2007 12:05PM
I added mind to the household contents insurance for 10.

Covers 1500 worth of equipment

ahollowa 17 1.1k England
18 Apr 2007 1:35PM
A quick warning to check what your Home insurance covers. I rang yp my insurance to see if I needed to specify my new 5D as being above the single item limit and if I would be covered' on a trip abroad. The answer to both was yes. The agent then said of course that isn't covered for accidental damage but thats no different to in the home. I queried what she meant and it transpires we took out the home guard + standard policy with the mortgage lender. The standard policy doesn't cover accidental damage (don't know what the + is for in that case). It will cost an extra 15 a month for that.

So before assuming you are covered I would check with the insurer just what you are covered for.



Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.