Interesting, but depresing, conversation

whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2011 10:30PM

Quote:Nah I'd be effing livid! But I'm a hypocrite

LOL obviously Wink
Jestertheclown 11 8.3k 253 England
4 Aug 2011 10:46PM

Quote:Hard sell or soft sell I get the feeling the studio are using this as a way to lure punters in and to get them to buy more photos than the one they get as a prize.

Of course they are.

The thing is though, if they offered the extra prints at a tenner each, they'd probably shift enough to turn a profit.
After all, they've already used the studio etc. so there's no extra cost to them bar the printing and I'm sure that doesn't cost 40.00.
thewilliam 12 6.1k
5 Aug 2011 12:07AM
Last time I went to our local farmers' market, I was offered a free taste of their organic cheddar and it was delicious bordering on divine. Then the cheeky beggar tried to sell me some for something over a tenner per kilo. What a rip-off!
Tooth 15 5.8k 227 Ireland
5 Aug 2011 12:19AM

Quote:But I'm a hypocrite

if you say you're a hypocrite, does that mean you're not one?? Wink Tongue
DT01 11 69
5 Aug 2011 12:23AM

Quote:Last time I went to our local farmers' market, I was offered a free taste of their organic cheddar and it was delicious bordering on divine. Then the cheeky beggar tried to sell me some for something over a tenner per kilo. What a rip-off!

Absolutely!! Especially when we all know that organic cheddar comes straight from the cow, already wrapped and the conning farmer doesn't do any work to create it and has absolutely no overheads, in fact, because he's a farmer, he doesn't even need wages.... Tongue
monkeygrip 12 574 6 England
5 Aug 2011 12:44AM
I can't believe there are idiot photographers only charging 40 for for prints they must be crap Wink In all seriousness I would be charging much more and insisting it was in a top quality frame but would have told the customer before the shoot.

And as for that organic cheddar the farmer should be wearing a mask Grin
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2011 9:31AM

Quote:Last time I went to our local farmers' market, I was offered a free taste of their organic cheddar and it was delicious bordering on divine. Then the cheeky beggar tried to sell me some for something over a tenner per kilo. What a rip-off!

Like it Smile
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2011 12:41PM

Quote:Then the cheeky beggar tried to sell me some

I would have just nicked some when his back was turned.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.