Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Interfit stellar or elinchrome d-lite4

KatieR 17 6.2k 6
20 Feb 2007 8:21PM
And the rest of us cheapskates will bookmark this thread for the future ... :o)
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
20 Feb 2007 8:24PM
Well none of the lighting is particularly cheap.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
20 Feb 2007 8:37PM
If you hadn't seen I reviewed the Elinchrom D-Lite 4 here. I missed mentioning the consistent lighting from shot to shot as Keith states, but it was even through out exposures. I was more interested in whether the lights could keep up with action and it did the job well, unlike Portaflash which may be cheaper, but certainly doesn't perform as well. I've yet to try the Interfit kit.
Mike Gray 16 382 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2007 8:48PM
Go for the D-Lite 4's bought a set end of last year and they are well worth the money for most people (unless you are a pro). I had to give away my interfit light kit as most of the brollys and softboxes are incompatible as they seem to be none standard, compared with Elinchrom or say Bowens.
D-Lites are great for most studio work with loads of power and i have no problem with the plastic bodys or even that they are non fan cooled. used mine for several hours at a time and have had no problems at all.
Hope this helps
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
20 Feb 2007 9:17PM
Cheers Pete I did read it and it was very informative thats why I am now in the quandary.
Was all set to get the 3 head Interfit stellars.
I have used the portaflash 3 kit for a couple of years so upgrading to either of the 2 selections I have mentioned.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.