Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

Internet redirects

simont 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 6:47PM
I've started to have the odd page redirect when surfing the internet.

Can anyone recommend Spy ware to find and destroy any infection?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paperboy 10 208
21 May 2011 7:16PM
Redirect is normal for many sites. You need to be aware which sites are doing it. Any commercial product will alert you, as will Firefox as a browser. Free protection avg.com
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
21 May 2011 7:33PM

Quote:Free protection avg.com

And 'Malwarebytes' and Microsoft Security Essentials... Both free.
21 May 2011 7:56PM
Thanks guys.

I guess I should also have added, the redirects usually have "Windows has detected...".

Currently running NOD32, and scan with Malwarebytes, neither of which detect anything, before or after the redirect.

I've tried googling a solution, but thought I'd check with the oracle on here first.

Simon
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 253 England
21 May 2011 8:47PM
I had this happen on here after I got hit by the worst malware attack I've ever seen.
Normally, I rely on Malwarebytes to get rid of infections and until this redirection stuff began, it had never let me down. However, this particular infection was really sneaky and recognised Malwarebytes as an enemy and was able to avoid it.
To get rid of the problem, in the short term, I made a copy of the Malwarebytes download files on a Usb. key, re-named the exe. from "Mbam" to "Tbam" (any new name will do) then unleashed the now modified version aganst the intruder, from the Usb. key
I eventually formated and re-installed the OS to finally be free of some other residual problems but the modified version of Malawrebytes worked on the redirection problem.
Hope this helps.

Jester.
tomcat 14 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 10:08PM
Chris & Brendan are about on the nail, with this oneGrin

The one I contracted, commonly known as "Google redirect" was a right pain to remove.
Forgot the actual name it went under.
Kapersky do a removal tool for it, but even that wouldn't shift it.

It took two hours, by remote control of my PC, for one of the Prevx boffins to sort it.
He was basically doing what has been advised, but it had rooted itself so deep in the system, that it took a phone call to the boffin's acquaintance in the States to finally solve the issue.

Don't know how we got it, but we didSad
22 May 2011 1:00PM
Thanks.

Simon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.