WEX Deals: Sony Summer Cashback - Claim Up To 300

Internet Shopping Risk.

orts 9 4 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 6:55PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
22 Aug 2012 7:00PM
No surprise to see Simply Electronics mentioned, buyer beware.
KevSB 16 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 7:02PM
"For example, dozens of readers have written to MoneyMail to complain about gadget seller Simplyelectronics.net"

A search on here would have told anyone what they need to hear, Amazes me they are still trading

sorry justin, posted same time
redsnappa 17 2.0k United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 7:31PM
Typical Daily Mail crappy silly season journalism. The poor British elderly folk being ripped of by "Chinese gangs" and dodgy foreign websites. Also sweeping statements such as "The over-50s seen as easy targets by crafty fraudsters" All designed to shock and panic those not fully upto speed whith how online shopping works.

Quote:Amazes me they are still trading
they still trade because some people don't do the common sense things, like the bloke in the article who paid upfront before seeing the motor vehicle in the flesh.
User_Removed 10 4.6k 1 Scotland
22 Aug 2012 8:18PM
Exactly.

Most of the folk who fall for such scams deserve some sort of statutory protection.

Vote for a different party!
User_Removed 10 299 4 France
23 Aug 2012 10:07AM
An amazing thing ...greed....still if you buy without sufficient research you often DONT get what you pay for...!
lemmy 13 2.8k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 10:39AM
The couple got their money back from their bank. Thus, all the other customers of the bank paid for their mistake. SimplyGadgets have done very well - 5,000 for nothing, donated by First Direct customers. What a result for them!

Why should anyone ever learn anything if there are no consequences for their actions?
User_Removed 10 299 4 France
23 Aug 2012 11:29AM
Im baffled!...you walk in a shop...handle the product...pay and walk out...if not wait!

In todays world faulty items are often included in the deliveries where a penalty clause is demanded by the retail chain for late or incomplete deliveries.

Taking that into account why would you add the worry of getting scammed or ripped off to an already expensive and complicated buying experince.

Too Cheap is too cheap and as for too good to be true!...Lemmy is right and I would go further as to offer no protection or a percentage cost...you want to gamble by all means but not with my money.

I have been searching for a new D700 at a good price here in France for weeks. Every time I find a site its Brazil or Thailand or Cyprus with no info as to the holding company. A quick search on Google Maps street view often fails to find even a building when a contact address is given and a phone call to "customer service" is a real eyeopener.

My Answer...start out cynical and get gradualy worse...you may pay a bit more but at least the damned thing will arrive!
keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 12:08PM
If you google Simply Electronics, the first page has 3 entries headed WARNING, plus some user reviews abut poor delivery times and poor customer service. You don't need to be cynical just sensible.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.