Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

iPhone photo e-mail question

conrad 12 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 12:11PM
Together, EPZers know everything, right? No matter what subject you have a question about, there's always someone who knows the answer, I've found over the years.

So here's something I haven't been able to solve myself, and I'd really like some help or ideas:

Ever since the last os upgrade on my iPhone 4s, I've had trouble e-mailing photos. The phone acts as if they're sent, all the indications are there, but the photos / e-mails never arrive. I'm doing it from the film roll - selecting a photo, selecting e-mail as the method to send it, selecting the e-mail address I want to send it to. Used to work perfectly in the past, but it doesn't work at all now, although the phone acts as if it works flawlessly.

Is there a new setting I need to change?

Any ideas, anyone?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry Plus
10 543 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:39PM
If any solutions are posted, I will be very interested as I've just discovered I have the same problem! ....must be the new OS
Pete Plus
15 18.8k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 1:42PM
Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages
discreetphoton 11 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:44PM
Maybe the message is travelling under direction from Apple Maps. Give them time... Wink
conrad 12 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 1:55PM

Quote:Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages

Really? That didn't use to be a requirement, I could just send it as e-mail via wifi. But I'll try it and if it helps.
min 5 521 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:56PM
I've got the 4s and have just tried emailing a photo, it worked straight away for me.
rogerfry Plus
10 543 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 1:57PM

Quote:I've got the 4s and have just tried emailing a photo, it worked straight away for me.

Are you on OS6?
rogerfry Plus
10 543 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 2:00PM

Quote:Is MMS messaging turned on? - it should be. Settings > Messages

Yes..but no joy.
(used to work fine before upgrade to OS6)
Pete Plus
15 18.8k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 2:01PM

Quote:Really? That didn't use to be a requirement,

Whoops sorry I misread I was meaning send as a txt message
conrad 12 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 2:06PM

Quote:Yes..but no joy.
(used to work fine before upgrade to OS6)

Same here. Used to work quickly and flawlessly, and now it doesn't work at all. Long live OS6 - ahem!
Pete Plus
15 18.8k 96 England
16 Oct 2012 2:21PM
Ha I just tried sending one and I have the same problem. Have a look in your outbox and the mail with the photo will be stuck there.
I haven't worked out how to avoid that though. It seems a solution is to make sure your default mail is a POP account and not IMAP. I tried that and the mail still went into the sent folder, but this time I could click send and it cleared out of the folder. It's not arrived at the destination though. (edit - yes it now has - bit slow!)
rogerfry Plus
10 543 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 2:52PM
Eureka! one I tried to send an hour and ten minutes ago has just arrived. (That was an IMAP account)
conrad 12 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 2:55PM
So what did you change? Pete used POP instead of IMAP...
rogerfry Plus
10 543 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 3:14PM

Quote:So what did you change? Pete used POP instead of IMAP...

I didn't change anything -(except to turn iMessage off and than back on ....but that shouldn't affect texts).......As I'm typing, another one has come through that I sent two hours ago! Am definitely using IMAP.

Update: all four trials I sent have now arrived!
conrad 12 10.9k 116
16 Oct 2012 3:23PM
Er ... oh. I'm not sure what to think of that, because it doesn't tell me what I should do to solve it.

But I'm happy for you... Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.