Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

iPhone repairs

6 Mar 2012 7:44PM
would anyone be able to recommend a reliable iphone repairer please?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB 3 1.1k United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 8:24PM
Apple!?
6 Mar 2012 8:42PM
How? I've looked at their website for repairs and their options are so limited, they dont seem to repair what I need Sad
JamieB 9 1 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 8:58PM
I'm not sure where you are located but I used a company called Love Fone based out of Charlotte Street in London to repair my shattered screen. I see they also do general iPhone repairs. Was very impressed with the service they supplied me with. They weren't the cheapest though, but happy that I went with them.

(no connection, just passing on a good company!) Grin
6 Mar 2012 9:42PM
I think you will find that the Apple "repair" service is actually an exchange phone for around 80......try phoning one of their stores, or take the phone in.
779HOB 3 1.1k United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 9:46PM
I would book in to see one of their help people in store - they sorted everything on my daughters iPod a while ago. Booked it online, turned up and they fixed in the 20min slot I had. But if you don't have a store nearby I'm not sure.
dougv Plus
11 8.4k 3 England
6 Mar 2012 10:01PM
Hi K.

My iPhone went a bit strange a while ago and thought it had headphones plugged in, so the speaker wouldn't work.
I just re-installed the operating system using iTunes and it's been working fine ever since.

I suppose it depends what the fault is as it could be a hardware fault.
sitan1 7 810 United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 10:05PM
What is the problem with your phone as you might be able to do it yourself.
I dropped my iphone and the inner touchscreen shattered, apple wanted around 150-200 pounds.
I looked on ebay found a new screen with the tools for the job for around 15 squids then youtubed how to replace it and copied the person on there.
I replaced my screen in 20-30 minutes for 15 squids.
6 Mar 2012 10:12PM
thanks all for your suggestions, its the sim carrier (or how its connected inside), its always been a bit iffy, cant actually be removed with the pin (seems to go in way too far) I ordered a new one but its still no different. I did take it to an Apple shop (franchise) but they didnt seem particulary interested or knowledgeable.
Chant57 Plus
9 395 3 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2012 5:20PM
If you've had it less than a year and it was new when you got it, you will have 12 months warranty from Apple. If not , you can still take. It to an Apple store where, according to vodaphone, you can pay for a repair or simply get a new one ( same model , same gb) for 189. Yes, a fair bit of money but still a saving on 499 that it would cost if you didn't already have an iPhone. Genius Bar in Apple stores should be able to repair it.
7 Mar 2012 7:53PM
Thanks for that Chant. I bought it secondhand so no warranty, its a 3GS Apple wouldnt just replace it for 189 with a new 4 though would they??
dougv Plus
11 8.4k 3 England
7 Mar 2012 8:07PM
This any good to you K?
Fourth down the list is sim connector replacement.
7 Mar 2012 9:20PM
Thanks so much Doug, just placed an order.
hobbs 11 1.3k United Kingdom
5 Mar 2013 12:02PM
I had a friend with an old 3G that needed a new battery last year, he took it in to Apple anthey offered to replace the battery for 80 or for the same amount he could have a 4.
oldblokeh 4 994 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2013 12:09PM
Colleague has an iPhone 4 which developed the standard flaky front button poblem (apple specced a crappy part). Apple wanted 180 for a replacement phone. Local shop in Bristol replaced the part with a new one in five minutes for 20.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.