WEX Deal: Free Grip With Panasonic LUMIX G100 Purchase

iPod Software update

simont 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2011 7:34PM
Hopefully you guys will come to my rescue again Smile

For the past few weeks everytime I sync my lads iPod with the PC, I get told there's a newer version of the operating systen and do I want to download and install it?

Initially I said yes but after a 30 minute download it craos out with the following message:

"There was a problem downloading the software for the iPod. The network connection timed out.
Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

When he first got the iPod, I went through the pain of downloading and installing the latest version of the OS, and after a few attempts it was successful.

Has anyone any idea what is causing the problem and what I need to set to stop it happening in the future?

I did try to Google an answer but al the posts seem to be a quite old and Itunes on the PC is upto date.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jeronius 11 2 1 England
13 Apr 2011 7:57PM
If its within one year of age, I would be tempted to take it to an apple store (genius bar) and let them sort it out. The service is second to non. If they can't resolve the problem, then they will replace for new. I am on my second iphone4 and ipod touch for this very reason. Book online through the apple website.
Hope this helps.
Jerry
simont 16 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2011 8:23PM
Thanks for that suggestion Jerry, that was going to be my route if no-one on here had any ideas/suggestions.

I've actually solved the problem - you need to download the update, turn off your virus checker then install the update.

Not overly keen on that route by its updated it now.

Simon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.