Use the code EXCIRE-EP to save 15% on Excire Foto Software

Irish meet Doolin Co Clare Mar 31/April 1: all welcome

18 Dec 2006 4:31PM
Hi Everyone,

I cant be the only one in Ireland on this site so how about something over here too?

Let me have your thoughts?

Cheers

Mike
irishman 17 1.1k 2 Ireland
18 Dec 2006 5:17PM
Hi Mike, there was talk on a meet in Clare around the Doolin area sometime. Do a search for Ireland/Irish meet and you will there is quite a few Irish members on here both north and south.

Martin
Lawrence 18 195 1 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2006 7:48PM
I am also living in Ireland and would be interested in a meet if one on the go

Lawrence
andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2006 8:01PM
Would love to come over.

But it would have to be well organised IE: Dates location Accommodation etc.
arnieg 17 704 England
18 Dec 2006 9:24PM
would be interested iof the dates and location fit in with work
arnie
Lawrence 18 195 1 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2006 9:08PM
Now all we need is a leader to get a meet together.
How about it Mikeanywhere?
Lawrence
timwilson 16 181 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2006 9:58PM
Count me in - have already posted 2 threads up asking the same q, but they always seem to peter out!

I'm in Dublin, but would travel for a decent meet!

Tim
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
20 Dec 2006 12:07AM
Hi Mike, yes, it's definitely time for an irish meet. I've floated the idea gently a couple of times but never really progressed it - but I think soon would e good. I kepyt a list for a while and there's at least 20 members north and south, and that's just the ones I've stumbled across. I'm also sure if it was done right there's be some interest coming over from britain. I mentioned Doolin 'cos of the lovely seascapes, the burren but also good "after hours" and no end of accommodation. I'd be happy to organise a Doolin meet in the spring (say April when the nights are shorter) but if anyone else is on for organising one why not? and why stop at one?? Wink

Where are you based Mike - your PF just says Ireland.
So folks, hows about it...

Stephen
20 Dec 2006 8:54AM
Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I hadnt realised so much had already been done/attempted in the past what with recently joining the forum (thats my poor attempt at an excuse).

I suppose in the first instance, before any location is decided we need to look at when this is to take place. It's obviously looking at the New Year sometime but are people wanting to wait until the summer etc, get back to me on that. I dont mind helping out trying to organise it but bear in mind I have only lived in Ireland for 6 months so I am still new to a lot of places myself. However, I have access to a lot of photographers over here for ideas so finding somewhere wont be too much of an issue.

And to answer Stephen's question I am in Galway.

If anyone wants to touch base direct then email via mike_anywhere@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks for the responses and speak soon

Regards

Mike
paulcr 17 1.5k 9 Ireland
20 Dec 2006 11:01AM
Also if you do a search in the forums for Ireland meet you'll find quite a few more interested. It's been suggested a few times but hasn't materialised. We need someine with a organisational nature lol. Pal
20 Dec 2006 11:44AM
so people, dates and venues....let's brainstorm now and suggest a few. As I said personally I'd love Doolin and be happy to coordinate it, and I think maybe April just after the clock goes back might be good...
. but let's hear any more ideas..

Stephen
arnieg 17 704 England
20 Dec 2006 11:56AM
hi stephen
april sounds good bear in mind easter falls on the weekend of the 7th

arnie
paulcr 17 1.5k 9 Ireland
20 Dec 2006 12:59PM
April is ok with me too. I have a brother living in Kinvara so I could probably stay with him. Paul
20 Dec 2006 1:10PM
Kinvara in itself could be a nice option: or it could be slotted in to a longer Doolin weekend..I'd be easy with either

Stephen
paulcr 17 1.5k 9 Ireland
20 Dec 2006 1:18PM
We know Stephen. all the girls say your easy lol. paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.