Is anyone else having problems with the site?

Nick-T 14 45 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2007 9:54PM
I need to just put my mind at rest but i am having major issues with my account in the fact i cannot view my favourite togs section within my profile. Recent topics in the forum are also an issue.

The other thing i have noticed is that when i try to view my settings an error page comes up but works fine the second time? I have no problems accessing any other sites or forums so is there anyone who can rectify the problem or is it an issue with EPZ at the moment.

I love the site but when you fork out the subscription fee and cant seem to use one of the major functions of being a member it gets tedious.

Anyone else have these problems? Is there anyone who can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Nick
dougv 16 8.4k 3 England
8 Aug 2007 10:10PM
Hi Nick.
Sorry to hear you are having problems.
Could you use this link to raise an error report so the IT Guys can have a look for the problem?
It could be something that is easy to fix.
Using the link will automatically give them your browser info, to help them find the fault.

Doug Smile
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2007 10:13PM
Hi Nick,

Could be a caching problem have you tried tools>General Tab>Browser History Section>Settings...make sure "everytime I visit the page" is checked. or clicking the delete button next to it. That should solve any caching problems.

Alternatively install Firefox and see if you still get problems.

Might help narrow things down a bit.
Chris
dougv 16 8.4k 3 England
8 Aug 2007 10:16PM
Oops!
I see you have already reported it twice Nick.
I take it there was no resolution to the problem?

Try what Chris (Lobsterboy) suggests and if you are still having problems let us know.
Doug Smile
9 Aug 2007 2:55AM
Guys, am trying to follow those instructions. Is that for Internet Explorer? I use AOL should i clear the cache in that?
9 Aug 2007 3:02AM
Have cleared the cache but still doesnt work it comes up with a message saying error 504 www.ephotozine gateway timed out?

Any more suggestions? Thanks for the help so far.
9 Aug 2007 3:11AM
The only problems i have or seem to have are gateway timeout to fav photographers (cannot view these at all). The link under forum to recent activity (this i cannot access at all also) and when i press My settings it comes up with unable to view this page. If i press the back button then it goes to it (the My settings page that is).

Have tried what has been suggest with no joy.

I am now going to try to access from my cousins laptop to see if it works on his as he has no trouble on his account.
9 Aug 2007 3:33AM
Well firstly let me opologise to EPZ for the little nagg about subscribing and not being able to access the mentioned areas.

I tried on my cousins pc and it was fine, so i downloaded the quick fixes for aol and used the easy restore fix and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help and i feel a bit of a plonker but thankfully now things seem to be right.

I appreciate your quick responses too. Thankyou.

Nick
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2007 6:15AM
Glad you got it sorted Nick Smile
10 Aug 2007 3:54AM
Happening again even after restoring my pc??

Have emailed one of the web designers hopefully he can sort it out.

Thanks guys

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.