PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Is it only me or are you also finding it hard to follow your buzz?

wsh Plus
2 41 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2020 4:37PM
Is it me, or other members finding it suddenly very hard to navigate EPZ with regards to BUZZ. I used to get buzz updates. Not anymore. Now, I'm finding it very difficult to discover votes and comments on my uploads. I have to go through each and every one of my portfolio photos to see any recent comments or votes.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink Plus
17 6.5k 8 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2020 4:43PM
Yes I've noticed it doesn't appear for 'Liked' photos in your gallery but if you get an award you get a notification.
I thought all my recent images had bombed :-( until I visited each one individually, I like to reply to comments and if you are not aware this can easily be overlooked.
Ian
bricurtis Plus
15 2.3k 50 England
12 Jun 2020 5:16PM

Quote:I thought all my recent images had bombed :-( until I visited each one individually

Yes I have had to click on my images to see who has commented or voted on them. Seems to be a spanner in the works.Smile Messages have come through OK though.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
12 Jun 2020 5:52PM
We're in the process of phasing out Buzz to be replaced with a simpler Notifications system, it's coming to everyone eventually.

Here's a document explaining the need for change.

https://www.ephotozine.com/static-pages/new-notification-system-39

You'll find the replacements under your profile menu, notifications / messages & Following Photos.

In settings is the opportunity to reset the notifications for comments and votes on all your previously uploaded photos, you'll find it under the 'Manage the emails & notifications I receive' section.
Jestertheclown 11 8.2k 253 England
12 Jun 2020 6:04PM
Is it possible to turn these notifications off?

They're of no interest to me and the blue, numbered circle is a distraction.
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.1k 58 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2020 6:05PM
Hi Guys,

If you have an issie, Does this link show you notifications for you?
https://www.ephotozine.com/pms

As Malc says some changes are needed to keep the site growing.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.9k 63 Norway
12 Jun 2020 6:32PM

Quote:Is it possible to turn these notifications off?

Just go into your settings and change the settings for what notifications you receive.
cats_123 Plus
16 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
12 Jun 2020 8:44PM

Quote:
Quote:Is it possible to turn these notifications off?

Just go into your settings and change the settings for what notifications you receive.

But what it doesn't do, and if I gauge it correctly, is tell you how many votes and when someone has commented...the blue number only tells you how many notifications you have had since the last viewing.

I realize that the numbers didn't add up in buzz, but it worked for me...

I now have to make my portfolio my homepage and check each image separately...

Everything changes...
12 Jun 2020 9:25PM

Quote:Just go into your settings and change the settings for what notifications you receive.

That was the first thing that I tried.

Absolutely everything in there is switched off but I'm still getting blue notifications.

I've got one now.
13 Jun 2020 5:10AM
Please read thoroughly the document Saltireblue has linked to above.

Quote:Now, I'm finding it very difficult to discover votes and comments on my uploads.
Below is a screenshot of where your votes will show, you must have 'Notify me of votes' checked at the point of upload. Same applies for receiving Notifications for new comments.

227077_1592021714.jpg

When you upload a photo, please ensure that the following boxes are checked, otherwise you'll not receive any Notifications.

227077_1592020971.jpg

Just to clarify, the Blue Circle indicator represents the quantity of new Notifications you have (unrelated to votes), clicking it will take you to your Notifications page.

13 Jun 2020 5:40AM
So just to simplify, to receive Notifications follow these steps:

1. Ensure that Vote & Comment Notifications are set when you upload (See screengrab above).

2. When you get a Notification regarding a photo, use the link in the Notification to reset and see the comment for example.

3. You can reset Vote and Comment notifications for all your photos from settings:
Manage the emails & notifications I receive -> Reset Photo Notifications

4. If you don't want to receive an email too, change the slider in settings:

227077_1592023010.jpg

But please do take the time to read this documentation.
13 Jun 2020 7:50AM
So, is it possible to turn it off . . . ?
13 Jun 2020 9:05AM

Quote:So, is it possible to turn it off?
Not as such, but you'll only get Notifications on photos, topics and user uploads where you set them yourself. There's a few Notifications that are exempt from this, for example if someone likes one of your comments, or starts following you.

The Blue Notifications Indicator is no different to the previous Buzz indicator, easily ignored if you aren't interested, or a visit to Notifications will remove it.
13 Jun 2020 1:19PM

Quote:a visit to Notifications will remove it.

I tried that.
As I said above, absolutely everything is switched off yet the blue thing keeps reappearing.
It's the "like a comment" notifications that are causing it.
I don't want to be told about it but whereas the old black thing was easily ignored, this blue thing's a distraction.
cats_123 Plus
16 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
13 Jun 2020 4:11PM

Quote:Please read thoroughly the document Saltireblue has linked to above.

Quote:Now, I'm finding it very difficult to discover votes and comments on my uploads.
Below is a screenshot of where your votes will show, you must have 'Notify me of votes' checked at the point of upload. Same applies for receiving Notifications for new comments.

227077_1592021714.jpg

When you upload a photo, please ensure that the following boxes are checked, otherwise you'll not receive any Notifications.

227077_1592020971.jpg

Just to clarify, the Blue Circle indicator represents the quantity of new Notifications you have (unrelated to votes), clicking it will take you to your Notifications page.

Not quite what I had in mind...it emails when you have a new vote or comment, but I don't want to be inundated with emails...so I can turn them off, but then I can't see how many votes an image has and who has commented without opening each image separately (in portfolio). I can live with it, but prefer what we had

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.