Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Is it only me or are you also finding it hard to follow your buzz?

13 Jun 2020 5:02PM
Cats_123, you'll see on my second comment that the Notifications can be on site only, so ensure that Notifications are set on your photos, but in settings make sure 'Email me new notifications is off', that way you'll not get bombarded. For the majority, they like the email Notification, the choice is there either way.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
13 Jun 2020 5:30PM

Quote:but then I can't see how many votes an image has and who has commented without opening each image separately (in portfolio)

Just to pad out what Rick has said, when you upload a new image, make sure that during the upload process you choose to receive notifications of votes and comments. That, combined with what Rick has said about turning off mail notifications will do the trick...
You can also go to Settings--->Manage the emails and notifications I receive then enable "Automatically set notifications" then you don't have to remember to do it every time you upload.
cats_123 Plus
16 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
14 Jun 2020 9:49AM
Have tried all the various combinations of turning bits on and off...I'm decidedly turned off...

I don't want to spend hours trailing through each and every photo I upload to say 'like' a comment that someone has left, or add a response... invariably, some users do their commenting in bulk. I will never know which, if any of my photos have been commented on without clicking through each notification

Can't see a way around it...

It's turned what used to be an enjoyable distraction into a chore...so to everyone out there I may have to restrict my voting and commenting...

Only a single voice
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
29 Jun 2020 9:36PM
Agree.
KarenFB Plus
14 5.4k 176 England
30 Jun 2020 6:43AM
I was finding it hit and miss, but I've just been in my 'Settings' and clicked the 'automatically notify me' boxes to 'ON' - hopefully it'll sort itself out now! (Not forgetting to click the 'Save Changes') Smile
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.1k 2227 United Kingdom
30 Jun 2020 8:10AM

Quote: I will never know which, if any of my photos have been commented on without clicking through each notification

Buzz told you the most recent person to comment on an upload, Notifications gives you the first person to comment since you last reset. Either way you know that there has been at least one new comment, so I can't see a problem. The important thing is to use the reset button every time. View, reset and delete is very useful.
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
30 Jun 2020 6:42PM
View, reset, delete doesnt always work. I've just used that on my latest notification and it still needs to be reset under the image.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
30 Jun 2020 7:38PM

Quote:View, reset, delete doesnt always work. I've just used that on my latest notification and it still needs to be reset under the image.

You're not mixing up comment and vote notifications, are you, Chris? We've had no other reports of it not working.
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
30 Jun 2020 8:05PM

Quote:
Quote:View, reset, delete doesnt always work. I've just used that on my latest notification and it still needs to be reset under the image.

You're not mixing up comment and vote notifications, are you, Chris? We've had no other reports of it not working.

I last used it when getting a comment and vote.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
30 Jun 2020 8:17PM

Quote:
Quote:

I last used it when getting a comment and vote.

The "View, Reset & Delete" button refers to comments only, it will not reset the vote notification - there's a separate notification for doing that - "Reset & Delete"
128530_1593544663.jpg

(Clicking on the blue link under the vote notification will, however, reset both vote and comment notifications.)
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
30 Jun 2020 8:25PM
Ok malc. I'm obviously getting mixed up with all the options. Will keep plugging away. It's confusing having the blue options and the black and white ones. So much to choose from.
cats_123 Plus
30 Jun 2020 11:17PM
I've given up...I don't want notifications, I want to be able to see who has voted or commented in one location. Buzz did that perfectly. If you turn notifications on you just get inundated with emails... Not sure what the benefit is... to the user..I can see how it improves server capacity, but just irritates.
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.1k 2227 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2020 6:31AM
Jeff, you only get emails if you set to receive them - I get none. Go to Settings (under your Profile menu), then Manage the emails and notifications I receive, and tick Off for the email notification boxes.
While there you can check that other notification boxes are ticked as you want them.
cats_123 Plus
1 Jul 2020 8:48AM

Quote:Jeff, you only get emails if you set to receive them - I get none. Go to Settings (under your Profile menu), then Manage the emails and notifications I receive, and tick Off for the email notification boxes.
While there you can check that other notification boxes are ticked as you want them.

thanks, Moira...it's been doing my head in....🥴

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.