Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Is it really worth changing?

KathyW 17 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
4 Sep 2010 11:50PM
Very good advice from William. It takes me quite a while to get used to a new lens and get the best from it. The camera bodies I find easier to get to grips with, possibly because although new features keep appearing on them I rarely use any of them, and with the Canons most of the buttons seem to be in the same place...

How do you switch the live view on anyway??? Tongue
Phil1958 12 272 4 Wales
5 Sep 2010 1:02AM
I always say choose a brand and stick with it - I chose Canon purely because when the 300D came out, it was the first sub 1,000.00 DSLR on the market and if I was going totally digital it would have to be a DSLR. Another reason I chose Canon was my old EOS lenses off my 35mm Canons worked on digital so the leap to digital wasn't too expensive. I know people who've switched both ways and it's cost them a small fortune athough I know someone who uses Nikon lenses on Canon bodies via an adapter so he sees it as having the best of both worlds - don't think you can go the other way though! He also uses Leica lenses on Nikon bodies (he's got a foot in both camps and he also uses medium format - film & digi!)

Phil
cheddar-caveman 17 1.2k England
5 Sep 2010 7:56AM

Quote:Very good advice from William. It takes me quite a while to get used to a new lens and get the best from it. The camera bodies I find easier to get to grips with, possibly because although new features keep appearing on them I rarely use any of them, and with the Canons most of the buttons seem to be in the same place...

How do you switch the live view on anyway??? Tongue

Switch to manual focus, set one of the creative zone modes, go into menu, go to "live view function settings (same place as date/time setting), select disable/enable as required. Exit menue etc. When you want to activate live view just presws the setting button (centre of the main dial on back of camera). Mirror will lift and the screen will become live.
KathyW 17 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
5 Sep 2010 8:01AM
Thanks Smile I might try that later!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.