ADVERTISEMENT
Enter ePz's Christmas Prize Draw! Plus, a prize for all on Xmas day!

Is the Gallery of Excellence getting to large?

NickParry 17 1.0k 79 Wales
15 Oct 2006 1:17AM
< EDITED BY EPZ >
StrayCat 18 19.1k 3 Canada
15 Oct 2006 3:14AM
Nick, relax. It was a joke and you spoiled it. goodnight.
Boyd 19 11.2k 11 Wales
15 Oct 2006 6:05AM
< EDITED BY EPZ >

Hang on a minute. Defend the man before the nation...

;o)
User_Removed 17 4.9k England
15 Oct 2006 11:17AM
Now we'll never know the er!....... joke.
pamelajean Plus
16 1.8k 2275 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2006 6:04PM
Sorry, folks, I had to go away for a few days and have returned to find my thread contains some very interesting ideas and suggestions:-

1. A time limit to challenges.
Some are for, some are against.
Brusque suggested challenges should be archived and a winner declared if no new images are posted for 3 months. Also to delete any unchallenged challenges after 1 month. Also to consolidate duplicate challenges. These suggestions would certainly cut down the number of challenges, if no other method were found.
Uggyy suggested if there were no challenging photos for say 1 month, the winners should be announced. What I was suggesting was a time limit for ALL challenges, thereby cutting down the overall current number that are running.

2. Changing the title of the GOE.
The title of "Challenge Gallery" suggested by Keithh is exactly what I thought it should have been from the outset.

3. EPZ team to decide on the categories.
Opinions are divided on this. If the team did decide on the categories, I would like to see members' suggestions also being considered. I agree with Carabosse on this, but scrapping the current GOE and starting afresh might prove problematic.

4. Approval before a challenge enters the gallery.
Answersonapostcard made a valid point here. There are so many errors made. It is important to make the challenge title clear, as well as the description of the challenge, but people make mistakes. I have contacted some culprits personally, some have reported their errors, others haven't. Mixpix's point about the "Crisp Crisp" challenge is a case in point, and I did contact the challenger on this one. There are several other cat challenges already !

5. Splitting them up into categories.
Conrad has another good idea. This would also make them easier to find.

6. An overhaul is needed.
I agree with Nick Parry on this. Nick suggests something like a maximum of 100 challenges running at a time, with more general themes.

7. The Gallery of Excellence is brilliant.
Yes, roverfoxy9, I totally agree, but as to scrapping all the other galleries, I will sit on the fence.

Pamela.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.