90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Is the human race really doomed?

randomrubble 16 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
14 Dec 2020 5:22PM

Quote:I view the "woke" more as robotic than human, to them everything is black and white, zeros and ones, and if certain computations do not work out, system failure occurs, or Antifa happens.

I am all for harmony, but harmony is rarely proffered by the woke left, who believe only their voices count, so lets cancel everyone who disagrees. This is a dangerous ideology and will only end one way, with the annihilation of free speech and eventually free will.

Woke and Antifa are words that only exist in the popular consciousness because of their use in right-wing propaganda. Much like 'Brexit' a few years back.

They and the concepts they represent are constructed purely as distraction by the powerful, people with an agenda of financial repression and impoverishment for everyone outside the 10%. The 'patriotic' right are engaged in a systematic transfer of the remaining wealth from the working and middle classes under cover of this and we are all becoming poorer from it. Forget 'Workington Man,' 'Red Walls,' 'Brexit' or 'MAGA' and look at where actual wealth will accrue off the back of what is happening in Anglo Saxon societies. Look at trump's tax breaks for the rich, consider why level playing fields are anathema to Johnson's government or think about why the likes of Nigel Farage - a man bankrolled by an insurance magnate - has it in for the NHS...

In some respects I wish Woke really was a movement rather than just the bogeyman of Laurence Fox's fetid imagination because a lot of people need to wake up to what is being done to in the name of the people here and in the US, Australia.
gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
14 Dec 2020 6:30PM

Quote:In some respects I wish Woke really was a movement rather than just the bogeyman of Laurence Fox's fetid imagination because a lot of people need to wake up to what is being done to in the name of the people here and in the US, Australia.
I couldn't agree more (and with the rest of your post).

There is a great deal of inequality, injustice and discontent out there but the shallow voices defending the super rich keep repeating that pathetic and lazy cliche that the left represents the politics of envy.
When many people are struggling to live on precarious zero hour contracts, are they envious for expecting a fair day's pay for a fair day's work?

It is the sheer lack of empathy and inability to learn lessons from History by our rulers that makes me somewhat cautious about
predicting a better future.
One thing is for sure: Woke or not woke - the powers that be have to be challenged on a continuous basis because corruption and injustice only increases if not opposed.
In the US, when a society allows a complete imbecile like Donald Trump to become their President, there is something seriously dysfunctional in that society - and it's not all down to Trump...he's just another ugly boil on the US political body.
In the UK, our society allows such incompetent, and stupid people like our present government and certain members of Starmer's pink Tory opposition to be quite relaxed about breaking International laws and being lap dogs to the US and Israeli governments.

Sorry for my rant but whether an individual is of the "left" or "right", it can't be denied that society is becoming increasingly divided and angry these days. I'm sure the same problems could happen under extreme left leadership but that is simply never going to be allowed to happen anyway in our right wing dominated society.
I believe we simply need a more balanced, compassionate and sane society that puts people before profit: It should not be a question of being "left" or "right".

Now I'm going for a lie down! Wink
collywobles 16 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2020 9:31AM
The ever increasing gap between the rich and poor is obscene, no other words for it.
gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2021 1:06PM
I often feel a bit self-conscious about my prolific thread activity on EPZ! However, I feel that there are so many dangerous events and unpleasant signs in the world right now that there is a great deal to be concerned about.

What is becoming more and more apparent is:
1. An increasingly right wing shift in US and UK politics - no matter which party is in power.
2. An increasing amount of fake news and disinformation from all political parties and both mainstream and social media.
3. An increasing occurrence of the Law acting above the law - the judiciary is becoming a farce (Witness the inhumanity and
injustice handed out to Assange - to name but one case). Whistle blowing in the public interest is regarded as treasonous.
4. An increase in divisive and destabilizing policies that threaten peace, the environment and the survival of the human race.
5. An increase in the supply of arms to vicious and dangerous governments like Saudi Arabia.
6. An increase in accusations (mainly false) of anti-Semitism that is still being used as a political weapon with which to attack the left wing.
7. An increase in a corrupt media complicity in their support of the corrupt "Establishment".

On a brighter note, I do detect a groundswell of increasingly resentful people like myself who are making their voices louder against these frequently ghastly people that we call politicians and opinion leaders.

I'm lucky because I'm better off than many and so some might say I'm just "virtue signalling". Well, all I can say is that when virtues are regarded as being undesirable there is something wrong in the head of the right-wing nutters that spout that sort of nonsense.
Such people seem to wish only for a world of war - nature - red in tooth and claw!

Apart from the above, everything's fine! Grin
lemmy 13 2.9k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2021 5:08PM
Your point number 7 is one that would be enthusiastically endorsed by Trump's supporters. I have to hand it to the media, though, To be at one and the same time in the pocket of the right and the left is quite a feat.

gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2021 6:42PM

Quote:Your point number 7 is one that would be enthusiastically endorsed by Trump's supporters. I have to hand it to the media, though, To be at one and the same time in the pocket of the right and the left is quite a feat.
Well, yes I agree that point number 7 would indeed be enthusiastically endorsed by Trump's supporters because his supporters think he's anti-establishment and for the working man.
He may say he is anti-establishment but I reckon the truth is that he simply wants to follow the same corrupt policies of free market global inequality, corruption and US domination that the "establishment" and will continue to pursue under Biden and the Democrats.

Quote: I have to hand it to the media, though, To be at one and the same time in the pocket of the right and the left is quite a feat.
Well, yes - it's a clever feat by the media to create that impression. Many may perceive that to be the case but the reality is that the right is very much in control and increasingly so.
The media pushes the view that Starmer's Labour is actually a left wing party and that the BBC and the Guardian are also left wing.
I would question these false interpretations as the BBC and Guardian - and indeed the Labour Party - are largely controlled and influenced by big business, the Security Services and Israeli and US governments.
So dear Brexiteers, we are in no way a sovereign country and never will be - EU or no EU...Sad

I'm enjoying this - maybe I should put these comments on the "What made you GrumpyGrinWink today thread!"
8 Jan 2021 7:54PM

Quote:I'm enjoying this - maybe I should put these comments on the "What made you GrumpyGrinWink today thread!"
What about a 'Conspiracy of the Day' thread? We are all being manipulated by the fascist press 'n that, the Lizard People, illuminati, global elite, communist party, Momentum etc etc etc................

Having worked in the media all my life, the idea of a conspiracy among them is too silly to imagine. They couldn't organise themselves into a paper bag. The BBC conspiring with the Barclay Brothers...hahah!
gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2021 10:48PM

Quote:What about a 'Conspiracy of the Day' thread? We are all being manipulated by the fascist press 'n that, the Lizard People, illuminati, global elite, communist party, Momentum etc etc etc................

Having worked in the media all my life, the idea of a conspiracy among them is too silly to imagine. They couldn't organise themselves into a paper bag. The BBC conspiring with the Barclay Brothers...hahah!

I agree that there is no conspiracy as such, among the media, the establishment or big business etc..
I hope you don't think that is what I'm suggesting: but I would say it is simply a case of "group think" where the views of big business, overpaid, unprincipled journalists and politicians coincide because so many of them hobnob with the rich and powerful because they know which side of their bread is buttered.
It's not a matter of conspiracies - though that suggestion is often used as a convenient distraction employed by the rich and powerful when they want to cover something up or push through an undemocratic agenda etc..
The fact is - and it is a fact - that it is becoming increasingly difficult and dangerous to blow the whistle on anything - even if it is most definitely in the public interest.
Journalists are now going to think twice before they blow the whistle because they may well end up in a kangaroo court like Julian Assange.
Conspiracies or not - it is a fact that the UK and US are riddled with corruption and inequality, fake news and general disinformation.
The very fact that a mentally deranged man like Trump was ever voted in as POTUS is evidence of that: It takes a very sick and corrupt nation in the first place to allow that to happen: The same applies in the UK. If we don't mend our ways we will have a government in the UK even worse than Johnson's gang - a litany of hideous examples of incompetence, cronyism, lying, and general stupidity.
9 Jan 2021 11:42AM

Quote:a litany of hideous examples of incompetence, cronyism, lying, and general stupidity.
That would seem to be a part of every government I have ever known or read about, left or right. Those things are a product of human nature, not their ideology.

Is Trump any worse than Putin? I don't think so. Is Putin any worse than the old Soviet politburo. I don't think so. There is only one thing I am sure of and that I have learned from practical experience. Everyone can do a job better than the person doing it - until they do it, at which point everyone can do it better than them.

gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2021 12:50PM

Quote:That would seem to be a part of every government I have ever known or read about, left or right. Those things are a product of human nature, not their ideology.
Well, yes. Orwell's "Animal Farm" illustrates that point so well. The reader is at first inclined to be sympathetic to the animals who seek freedom, equality and happiness: When the animals turn on the "tyrant" farmer, we see how they soon forsake the very ideals that they espouse.
I'm sure an extreme left-wing government would be just as bad as an extreme right-wing government.
I suppose the best solution is something more centrist and tolerant - as in Denmark and other parts of Scandinavia.
The problem seems to be that the bulk of the media (it's ownership being concentrated in only three groups) makes so much pretence at being centrist, supportive of equality and generally even-handed.
The truth seems to be very different: The supposedly centrist moderate stance of the media is actually on a constantly right-leaning course.
If the UK was run in a decent, civilised fashion, why is there still so much poverty, lack of housing, lack of support for the disabled?
Why were there austerity cuts and why are so many people relying food banks?
Many disabled people have died because of the gross negligence of successive governments.
I would say these governments, Tory or New Labour, were pretty close to being extreme in their negligence and cruel policies.
Of course, it's the same in the US - we seem to be an obedient puppet colony of the US Empire.

PS. I see that other US colonial "paragon of democracy" - Israel - has achieved a high vaccination rate for Israeli citizens against Covid...but the occupied victims - the Palestinians - are not being offered these vaccinations...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.