Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

is the panasonic lx 5 a good camera.

petemasty 11 155 England
21 Feb 2011 1:19PM
Can i just add, having read the other posts in this thread, that i would only really and have only really used the DLux5/LX5 in good light where I can get a fast enough shutter speed without the need to bump up the ISO. Above ISO400, the shadows get noisy as a previous poster pointed out. Herein is one of the limitations when compared to a DSLR. That said, it's horses-for-courses really.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dazzaman 14 631 England
21 Feb 2011 2:01PM
Thankyou guys for your intelligent input.i appreciate your help and advice.i currently have a conon ixus 950is.but want someehing a bit bettet,
stevie 16 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2011 2:42PM
You might like to take a look at the Canon G12 as a carry everywhere back-up. I've had one of these for a short time now, which I bought to use when I don't want to use or carry a DSLR ( I have a 1Ds Mk 3). Now, of course, it's way short of the SLR in quality and versatility but I have to say I'm really quite impressed by the images it can produce and it slips easily in a jacket (if not quite a shirt) pocket. Also nicely built and if you're used yo a Canon the controls/menus etc all fall into place easily.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.