Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

Is there an easier/quicker way?

Nick-T 15 45 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 4:08PM
Hi just a quick question. I sometimes see pics where the owner has signed the shot in the bottom left corner and have a line breaking at the text but surrounding the shot about a cm in all the way round.

Now is it a case of using the line tool or is there an easier or quicker way.

Thanks in advance

keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Apr 2007 4:16PM
Drag a square out with the Rect Marque Tool. Now Edit> Stroke. Then using the History Brush wipe away the line back to the state just before you added the Edit>Stroke.
Nick-T 15 45 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 5:13PM
Thanks Keith, much appreciated.
VolcanoCowboy 14 157 England
9 Apr 2007 6:01PM
Assuming you have Photoshop, This tutorial explains how to add a gallery frame effect around your images. It's meant for large prints, but could be made to run on smaller files.

Hope this is of interest.

StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
9 Apr 2007 6:48PM

Quote:Is there an easier/quicker way

That's what Homer said when Marge told him the meatloaf would take 10 more secs in the microwave.
Nick-T 15 45 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 9:24PM
Doh!, 10 seconds
Nick-T 15 45 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2007 9:26PM
Thanks Volcano, Keith answered the one i needed to know as i was talking about the sig border within the shot itself if you know what i meen.

Thats still a help though

Thanks for your responses.

appreciate it


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.