Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Is this going too far?

dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 9:48AM

Quote:
Quote:

Exactly you could say that she was being responsible by visiting the shop during her allowed exercise time

That was my first thought and it would work if she was on foot.

Hard to convince anyone that you're excercising if you're in the car though . . .

Ok, but what if your intention was to purchase essential items but non were available? Should you get fined for buying a bottle of wine while standing 2 metres apart in the shop or wait there and buy nothing until you're allowed to leave in sequence?
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
13 Apr 2020 10:26AM
You'd be pretty unfortunate to find that the shop held absolutely none of the items that you (allegedly) went in there for and I rather think that the authorities would take that point of view.

As for queuing to be allowed out, empty handed or otherwise; I've yet to encounter that.
dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 10:34AM

Quote:You'd be pretty unfortunate to find that the shop held absolutely none of the items that you (allegedly) went in there for and I rather think that the authorities would take that point of view.

As for queuing to be allowed out, empty handed or otherwise; I've yet to encounter that.

Yes it is unfortunate as specific essentials aint there, plus in our local shops you are in a one way queuing system so you would encounter waiting to leave..
thewilliam2 4 1.5k United Kingdom
13 Apr 2020 10:45AM

Quote:

That happened to me in Taunton Tesco. Once I had everything I intended to buy, I wanted to take a short cut but the duty manager ruled that I'd have to take the approved route or leave the store, presumably without my shopping.

Wasn't I at increased risk by staying in the store for longer than I really needed to?

Isn't it a merchandiser's dream to make the punters walk by every product at snail's pace?
dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 10:53AM

Quote:
Quote:

That happened to me in Taunton Tesco. Once I had everything I intended to buy, I wanted to take a short cut but the duty manager ruled that I'd have to take the approved route or leave the store, presumably without my shopping.

Wasn't I at increased risk by staying in the store for longer than I really needed to?

Isn't it a merchandiser's dream to make the punters walk by every product at snail's pace?

Rules are rules
13 Apr 2020 11:04AM

Quote:

Doubtful, you'd probably be more at risk by trying to bypass the control measures they have in place, measures which are there to protect everyone and it helps everyone feel a little safer if you follow those measures.
13 Apr 2020 11:49AM
I've encountered organised queuing to pay for my shopping and I agree that it makes sense.
I wouldn't queue if I had nothing to buy though.
Maybe the shop staff around here are applying the rules with a modicum of common sense; there's certainly nothing draconian about their approach as far as I can see.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
13 Apr 2020 12:26PM

Quote:I wouldn't queue if I had nothing to buy though.

Then why go into the shop in the first place ?

13 Apr 2020 12:33PM

Quote:Then why go into the shop in the first place ?

Jeff, go back a few posts.

We're talking about the (very unlikely) scenario in which the shop has absolutely none of the items that you went in for on the shelves.
dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 1:11PM

Quote:I've encountered organised queuing to pay for my shopping and I agree that it makes sense.
I wouldn't queue if I had nothing to buy though.
Maybe the shop staff around here are applying the rules with a modicum of common sense; there's certainly nothing draconian about their approach as far as I can see.

How would you propose to pass other shoppers and still maintain the 2 metre social distancing?
dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 1:13PM

Quote:
Quote:I wouldn't queue if I had nothing to buy though.

Then why go into the shop in the first place ?

So you are able to tell what the store has in stock before you walk in?
13 Apr 2020 1:14PM
Now you're just being pedantic.
dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 1:20PM

Quote:
Quote:Then why go into the shop in the first place ?

Jeff, go back a few posts.

We're talking about the (very unlikely) scenario in which the shop has absolutely none of the items that you went in for on the shelves.

I see you are totally equipped with the information of what items were required and what stock is available in my local store.Wink

dcash29 15 2.4k England
13 Apr 2020 1:20PM

Quote:Now you're just being pedantic.

Not at all, i'm responding to the comments
13 Apr 2020 1:26PM

Quote:Now you're just being pedantic.

As I said . . .

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.