Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Isle of harris

KevR Plus
5 5 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2020 8:33PM
Hi,

I'm planning a trip to the isle of Harris for this summer & was jsut wondering if anyone has recommednations for boat trips for weildlife / sea eagles?

Thanks

Kev

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PRC 5 256 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2020 5:18PM
I don't know about boat trips, but we were on Harris in 2018 and visited the Golden Eagle observatory. We didn't have long there and only saw one circling high up - too high for my 300mm lens to be much use! Really enjoyed our time on Harris, though!
little0wl 7 182 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2020 10:43AM
I think a quick google search will do the job for you. I highly recommend going out with someone for a one to one or small group experience.
We went with Steve Duffield of Western Isles Wildlife when we were on Benbecula. He had local knowledge of all the wildlife and where to find it. He could see an eagle on a distant hill from about half a mile away! He took us to where there were many sea eagles and golden eagles. He knew where otters could be found and we saw some from about 20 yards away on the shore line. We saw lots of amazing birds and wildlife with him.
Plenty of time to take photos but you will need a long lens.
This was not a boat trip but a day out in his vehicle and use of al his equipment. Worth every penny.

Hope you find something suitable. I love all the ?Western Isles. They are amazing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.