Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Ivy Press?

Hi

Has anyone been contacted by Ivy Press in regards to providing photos for publications? I've received an email saying that want to include me on a list of photographers to be used for publications.

I'm always dubious of these sorts of things. Wondered if anyone has ever heard of them or been contacted by them?

Aaron
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
13 Nov 2006 3:32PM
I think quite a few have been contacted recently going by the grape vine. Ivy produce a whole range of what might be termed 'Coffee Table' (not a flattering phrase) and Lifestyle books. They are cosher.
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
13 Nov 2006 4:31PM
definitely kosher.

As well as books they produce magazines as well.

They are based in Lewes, Sussex near where I used to live and in fact, a friend of mine works for them. Smile
StuartAt 16 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2006 5:03PM
If you are not sure whether the email is genuine, find their phone number and give them a ring (not necessarily the number on the email I might add).

Stuart
den2il 18 203 England
13 Nov 2006 6:01PM
Yes.

New magazine came out at the begeinning of the year called 'Beautiful Britain'. website

--Den--
raziel_uk 17 4.9k
13 Nov 2006 7:26PM
I can personally vouch for Ivy Press.

The Group Creative Director also owns the building where I have my offices.

Ivy is one of a number of their publishing names, they are also Ilex who do the range of step-by-step photography books.
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
13 Nov 2006 7:57PM
May see you out and about then Den. Wink
den2il 18 203 England
13 Nov 2006 8:31PM
Hi Kris.

Unfortunately I've got a severe case of gout in my left big toe - walking on crutches at the momentSad

--Den--
Thanks guys. It was actually relating to Beautiful Britain that they had contacted me for. I rang them later in the day. See what comes from it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.