Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Joe's Basement gone and Sky on the way

Photomedia 14 13
28 Jan 2003 10:07AM
With these two closing decent E6 proccesing is getting harder to find. Photomedia still offer the service on their E6 Hope processor. http://photomedia.co.uk

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fullerton 15 64
28 Jan 2003 1:04PM
joe's basement gone? when?
Photomedia 14 13
28 Jan 2003 1:20PM
Last week as far as I know. They went under and Sky have gone into liquidation.
fullerton 15 64
28 Jan 2003 1:33PM
curses. will you open up in london?
Photomedia 14 13
28 Jan 2003 2:56PM
No we are based in Egham, Surrey. Which is on the outskirts of London. Did you used to use Joes then?
fullerton 15 64
28 Jan 2003 4:14PM
yes i used to use joes and sky, I may well try you, but the advantage of joes and sky was i could just drop them and then pick them up the next day. that said however there is a pro lab with a two hour turnaround about 50 yards from my house in greenwich, the only reason i haven't used it so far is they're never open when i can get to them, i might have to make the extra effot now though. mind you, they don't do balck and white and i'm not sure they do E6 now that i think about it....
lucybear 14 173
28 Jan 2003 4:46PM

So Sky has gone belly up?!! Thats a bummer - I used them on a regular basis and found them to be very good.

I hate to say this but I had nothing but trouble with Joe's Basement - scratching films, not reading the processing instructions - you name it, they've done it!
Little Jo Plus
15 2.3k United Kingdom
28 Jan 2003 6:10PM
Joe's basement's demise is hardly hot news. It went into administration last September. It ran into problems following a forced relocation.

Live in the Home Counties and you're unlikely to have E6 on your doorstep. I rely on Peak Imaging, they've been good, just the Post Office that let me down.

Jo
Photomedia 14 13
29 Jan 2003 8:22AM
We are in the home counties and do E6 processing. The only other one we know of near us is in Cobham so you are right they are far and few between. Unfortunately it seems film processing is a dieing requirement.
Big Bri 16 16.2k United Kingdom
29 Jan 2003 11:26AM
Jo, according to the website at http://www.joesbasement.co.uk there was a management buy out. The website was updated on Jan 6th, so is quite recent. I am trying to find out from my contacts at Fuji what the full story is.
Katie 16 76
29 Jan 2003 12:05PM
I've just called Joes Basement and all you get is a pre-recorded message saying that they are now officially closed. Shame. If only they'd advertised on ePHOTOzine.....it would have been a different story! Maybe.
Hagbard 14 11
30 Jan 2003 7:01PM
Let us know what you find out Bri. Word at another prolab around the corner from JB is that they have owed Fuji and Kodak a 6-figure sum each for some time. Wonder if that's just gossip...
btw - the MBO was last year.
Pete Plus
16 18.8k 97 England
30 Jan 2003 8:23PM
The confirmation of closure is in this week's BJP. It's official!
thewaiter Plus
15 1.2k 9 England
31 Jan 2003 4:28PM
That explains why I haven't received my roll of Scala back!!!!
Little Jo Plus
15 2.3k United Kingdom
31 Jan 2003 9:48PM
Photomedia

I'm in Cheshunt, Herts. Where are you? I'd like to have somewhere within easy reach for the important rolls.

Jo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.