Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Photography Show, a destination for all photographers

Jonathan May-Bowles Inprisonment

collywobles Plus
12 3.9k 10 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2011 5:53PM
I find it quite ridicukous and unfair that Jonathan May-Bowles got a 6 week prison sentance for his Custard Pie antic against Murdock.

With all the aresholes, yobs, car thieves, burglars, shop lifters, muggers etc etc that get off with a slap on the wrists I find his sentance just out of all proportion to what he did in comparison....

€olin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Aug 2011 6:20PM

Quote:I find it quite ridicukous and unfair that Jonathan May-Bowles got a 6 week prison sentance for his Custard Pie antic against Murdock.

Although if the report had read:

A 26 year old comedian who assaulted an octogenarian for a joke is jailed for six weeks

that would have been ok? Tongue
Andy80F Plus
13 320 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2011 7:13PM

Quote:A 26 year old comedian who assaulted an octogenarian for a joke is jailed for six weeks

But that would be a report which, by omission, would be inaccurate.

However there might be a view that an unheard of comedian commits desperate act to raise his profile. He should get plenty of material in his few weeks "inside" and is probably even now wondering if he'll be able to make it to Edinburgh before the festival ends. Based solely on my never having heard of him and having made some wild assumptions.

Six weeks is a tad harsh compared to the sentences dealt out to many who assault less "powerful" individuals.
spaceman Plus
12 5.2k 3 Wales
2 Aug 2011 7:49PM
Six weeks for having a double-barrelled name and a comb-over. That's not so bad.
Paul Morgan Plus
15 18.5k 6 England
2 Aug 2011 8:53PM
Six weeks is that all.
User_Removed 13 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Aug 2011 9:03PM
Six weeks for attempted assault.

Should have been three months more-like.
Paul Morgan Plus
15 18.5k 6 England
2 Aug 2011 9:52PM
That public enquiry was set up using tax payers money, it should have been six months.
KevSB Plus
12 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2011 9:57PM
I believe he was jailed for assaulting a member of the public at a goverment Enquiry, seems to me he got off quite lightly and agree 3 months would be more suitable.
Tooth Plus
11 5.8k 227 Ireland
2 Aug 2011 11:07PM
Good enough for him...
2 Aug 2011 11:11PM
He assaulted the man who is alleged to have the power to appoint Prime Ministers. Murdoch is one of the most influencial men in the world.

Also, the Palace of Westminster has a lot of quaint laws protecting it, so the Court could probably have ordered the offender to be boiled in oil!
ade_mcfade Plus
12 15.2k 216 England
2 Aug 2011 11:58PM
there were about 6 or 7 examples of such "attacks" listed on PM this evening where no action was taken whatsoever

this included an attack on tony blair in the house of commons

why the change?
Carabosse Plus
13 40.5k 269 England
3 Aug 2011 12:53AM
Six weeks sounds about right. After all, Murdoch's wife thumped the assailant on the head, and shoved the plate of shaving foam into his face! Grin

It was May-Bowles who was left looking rather shaken (and covered in the foam), rather than Murdoch who seemed completely unperturbed.

The lax security was a disgrace though, and heads should roll for that.
adrian_w Plus
9 3.7k 4 Scotland
3 Aug 2011 10:06AM
So maybe Mudrocks wife should be jailed for assault?
Carabosse Plus
13 40.5k 269 England
3 Aug 2011 12:15PM
No, she is regarded as a heroine............... Charlie's Angels, Chinese "Tiger-Mother" and other descriptions have been used! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.