Judging our ePHOTOzine competitions.

Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
5 Nov 2004 5:05PM
Yep......may be we should insist on an original copy of the pic with the EXIF info - to make sure it is "fresh".

Lol!! Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tully 15 43 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2004 5:08PM
I suppose it depends how much time you have available for photography. I realise this site is addictive and it is encouraging me to get out and take more pics, but if I have a really good shot on a competition subject that hasn't been used in a competition before, I would feel aggrieved that I couldn't enter it simply because I had shown it to some friends. (who just happen to be on-line EPZers). Some of us weren't around for last years competition
Nigel
tully 15 43 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2004 5:09PM
CB - next you will be suggesting that it is totally undoctored original
:o))
Nigel
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Nov 2004 5:10PM
It was this year and attracted a HUGE entry.
I'm not saying that the shot should have been taken yesterday, just that it would be nice not to simply have a rehash of the April competition.
Colin Smale 17 500 England
5 Nov 2004 5:16PM
rletham reminds me of something related to this subject. How many times have YOU chosen what YOU think was your best shot from a roll of film only to find absolutely no one else likes it but there is another shot, on the same roll that you didn't rate but everyone else loves !! How many times has that happened to you ??
rletham 16 890 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2004 5:21PM
Pete says it's too late to exclude old photos for this competition seeing as it's already started. So I guess old uploaded pics will be allowed this time. Although he did say that this idea , to quote, "...it's worth bearing in mind for the future."

I'm not sure if that means they will be banned in future comps or not, but at least he's aware of opinion.
mshepherd 16 667 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2004 5:33PM
Another way of looking at it is if it didnt win last time is unlikely to have much of a chance this time???

The benchmark has been set and we need to try to do better

I for one will not be submitting the same shot again...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.