JUNIOR COMPETITION - AUGUST - HOLIDAYS!

KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
29 Jul 2011 4:17PM
Well, there is just over ONE WEEK to go before competition day!

So far we have 8 juniors who have clicked the 'Attend' button. Come on Juniors, the prizes are fantastic and well worth winning! Smile

Any questions, don't forget to ask (no matter how 'silly' you think they are!!). You can ask here, or in the Meeting Area or you can Private Message myself, James or Fran! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
30 Jul 2011 6:52PM
Run down of the rules:-

1. Take your photograph (with the theme 'Holiday') and process as usual.

2. Make sure you've ticked the 'Attend' box at the top of this page (click here for link).

3. On Saturday, 6th August upload your image as usual in your portfolio. It would be fantastic if you could put a few words in the 'Description' box, explaining why your image fits the theme! Smile

4. Give it the title 'HOLIDAY' and make sure you click on the 'link to Meeting' box.

5. Sit back and be very................very patient! Hopefully the results will be announced on Sunday! Wink
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
1 Aug 2011 8:33PM
We have 12 Juniors signed in now - this looks like it may be our quietest comp ever! Wink (well worth having a go)
JJGEE 15 7.7k 18 England
3 Aug 2011 10:43PM

Quote:this looks like it may be our quietest comp ever!

Well, I just suppose everyone is on holiday Wink

OK, I know I am too old to enter, but that does not prevent me from checking out the Themes each time and more often and not gives me ideas.
You really do come up withe some good ones Smile

Wandering around Hastings today it suddenly occurred to me this is where we used to go back in the !960's 1970's on day trips so I "had a go " at recreating a modern "holiday" snaps ... and had a great timeSmile
I even bought myself a cornet with a flake, but could not find any candy floss Sad
Just Jas 18 26.3k 1 England
3 Aug 2011 11:57PM

Quote:Wandering around Hastings today ....

Hi JJ - From 50 years back I seem to remember Wellington Square. I believe some of the bus routes terminated there?

And there was a Cricket Ground nearby where Sussex played half of their home matches (shared with another ground)?

And, as a boy, there was a small cave halfway up the cliff face on the sea shore which I used to climb up to and take pics from inside. Mostly of my mother looking up at me in distraught fashion! Wink

All still there?
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
4 Aug 2011 7:09AM
I'm glad we've inspired you Jeff! Grin

Of course not all holidays mean leaving home! Wink
jamestheboy 10 447 5 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2011 5:26PM
This month's competition is almost ready to take off I am looking forward to seeing all your entries and I am hoping to see a description about your photo. I will be a little bit busy on the competition day I have to go to a wedding so I will not be entering this time I will make sure that I will leave a comment on everybody's entry so good luck to everyone.

james Smile
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
6 Aug 2011 7:55AM
Today's the day! The August Junior Competition day.

I'm really looking forward to all the entries and I hope a few more juniors sign in (we only have 14 at the moment!). Grin

Don't forget juniors, if you upload an entry please give it the title 'Holidays'!
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
6 Aug 2011 9:32AM
Brilliant! We have four entries already. If anyone is interested and would like to view them, here is a link ! Smile
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
6 Aug 2011 6:39PM
Okay, 14 entries now and there's still plenty of time to join in! Grin
Adam_H 12 62 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2011 7:32PM
Good luck everyone, some smashing entries already in i see.
Regards Adam.
jamestheboy 10 447 5 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2011 12:03AM
I have seen some very interesting photos today in the competition now you need to be patient and let the judges do their work and they will let you know as soon as possible so good luck to everyone

james SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
JJGEE 15 7.7k 18 England
7 Aug 2011 9:36AM
Have you spotted the two entries on the "Group" page as opposed to the photos on the calendar "event" page ( karen's link ) ?
KarenFB Plus
13 5.4k 175 England
7 Aug 2011 10:00AM
Thanks Jeff.

I knew about Ciaras (and have included her in the competition), unfortunately Mary (aka Dawnmist) isn't 'officially' a junior - as she hasn't filled her date of birth into her private details, I hadn't actually seen her images. I find the separate 'group' area and 'meeting area' a little confusing and it took a while to find out what you meant!!

We try to make everything crystal clear, but there are still some misunderstandings - juniors, never be afraid to ask if you're not sure about something! Smile
KT4698 9 1 England
7 Aug 2011 1:54PM
when will we find out the results?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.