Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Kenro ghc1 gimbal head

KevR Plus
5 5 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2018 7:23PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone has one of these? I'm currently using a manafroto 393 & find it a bit cumbersome / unwieldy. i was thinking of either the benro gh2 or the kenro ghc 1 or lensmaster rh2. I'd love to have wimberly, but am a bit budget limited .....

Thanks for any comments

Kevin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink Plus
17 6.5k 8 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2018 10:13PM
Kevin,
I have Wimberley which I use just for my 500mm prime, not sure what lenses you are planning to use?
They are great for long heavy primes and give great balance and ease of use. They are not much use for anything shorter than 300mm, the gimbal can be much more of a hindrance on shorter physical lenses, but on long lenses when set up and balanced correctly they can be a dream to use.
justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
21 Apr 2018 4:14PM
Not an answer to your question but just a suggestion for a different option. If you already own a decent ballhead. Have you considered a Wimberley Sidekick? A lot cheaper than a full Wimberley gimbal head and a lot more versatile too, as it can be removed in a second, allowing the use of any lens. I use one from time to time when shooting action and have never felt the need to change to a full gimbal.
sherlob Plus
14 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2018 10:27PM
Bought a lens master side arm some months ago. Well impressed.
NeilSchofield Plus
13 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2018 10:55PM
If your shooting moving subjects, you might want to consider one of These

It locks down pretty good as well for static stuff

They can be found on eBay as well, my full wimberley hardly gets and outing these days, and if you use a monopod there is a cheaper non rotating version the L10

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.